Chapter One

I didn't realize how awkward i was around him. I mean im normally not like this. So to reduce my awkwardness, I decided to draw in my little notebook. But I couldn't help but notice that he was still looking at me. I put my headphones in and the song Heart Like Yours came on. This song is so cute to be honest.

At this point I was just concentrating on my drawing - a realistic forest - I must say, it wasn't that bad. Than I remembered I was on a bus and I ended up drawing a big line in the middle. "Ugh," I said as I remembered that I had used pen.

"It still looks great." Said Josh. He was amazing. Josh is my next door neighbor. He was so cute. He has brown eyes, brown combed back hair, which was usually covered by a hat.

Me, I had brown straight hair, and brown eyes, and had braces.

"Thanks," I said as my face flushed.

I took out a headphone as he sat beside me. We made at stop st at busy street, and I saw an old couple walk on.

"Oh, here you go." I said standing up and giving the old lady a seat. Josh also had gotten up for the man, and we ended up standing due to all the people who had just gotten onto the bus.

"Make sure to hold on," said the bus driver.

Next thing you know, I get pushed by some guy, and end up falling onto Josh. That moment felt so cliché.

"Oh my - I'm so sorry." I said quickly getting up. "Its fine, it didn't hurt." Josh said with a small smile.

That's one reason why I like Josh. He was a gentleman, and had a great personality. But what he goes through is kind of sad. He lives with foster parents, and doesn't have much people there for him. He has a dog named Red, and a little sister named Samantha.

Me, I lived with my dad and his girlfriend. She is kinda a pain in the ass. She drinks a lot. She also kinda hates me. But that makes two of us I suppose. My mom left me when I was 11. Now I'm 15. I don't remember much about her but I think about her constantly.

But the thing about us, we didn't do good things about it. We both smoked. It doesn't 'suit us' but whatever eases the pain.

"So where you heading?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Just home. Nothing really to do aha." He said with another small smile. "How about you?"

"Same." I said with a smile back. He fixed his snapback and smiled once again. "Uh, wanna hang out? I could use a friend to get high with." I laughed at his invitation. "Sire why not. But people are there, aren't they?" I asked. "Yeah, but we could go out somewhere." He said. "Okay, yeah sure I'd like that." I said.

So we got off the bus and he told me a few stories. He has great stories. A lot of them were funny. "So, do you wanna meet up st 8?" He asked as he was on the other side of the gate on his lawn. "Yeah sure. Seeya then." I said.

"Seeya, beautiful." He said which made me blush uncontrollably.