Chapter 10:

I had my arm slung around Valkyrie and she was half carrying, half dragging me towards the others.

"That's disgusting," I complained when I saw Thanos's head in Thors arms. I look around and see Tony holding an unconscious Peter, Drax was grunting and trying to force himself to his feet (still not quite recovered from the first blow he took), Gamora was slapping a disoriented Quill trying to get him up while Rocket stood and laughed, Nat was holding her hand up to her bleeding forehead, Bucky had been stabbed in his forearm and it was bleeding terribly, in fact everyone look very beaten up.

Three ambulances suddenly pulled in next to us. I looked around confused wondering who called an ambulance.

"Ugh sorry guys it was Pepper, I told her what was going on and she got real worried." Tony stated.

I hated ambulances, and hospitals. They were nothing like the healing quarters we had in Asgard. It always felt so fretful and crammed on Earth.

Medics ran up to me, Quill, Peter, Nat and others. I tried to assure them I was perfectly fine but there was an obvious piece of glass sticking out of my thigh and I was visibly very banged up. I was being touched and grabbed left and right by medics. I felt very unconformable with so many strangers touching me. I tried to yank my limbs from their grasp but I felt a needle being inserted in my arm and I slowly began to feel dizzy until I lost consciousness.

The next time I woke up I was in a blinding light room with a tube sticking out of my arm and a bandage around my leg and head. I immediately sat up ignoring my aches and looked urgently around the room. Valkyrie, Nat and Thor were sitting in various spots around the room. They noticed I was awake and rushed over to me. Valkyrie and Thor were reasonably unharmed but Nat had a cast on her wrist and stiches on her forehead.

"How are you feeling?" Nat asked.

"Erm yeah fine why am I here."

"The medics insisted they x-ray you, see if there was any internal damage and take a closer look at your leg. We tried to tell them that you could be healed back on Asgard, but of course they had no idea what we were talking about." Valkyrie explained.

"Great. What happened to you why aren't you in a bed hooked up to a machine?" I asked turning to Nat.

"My wrist is broken and I had a cut on my head. You have a terrible leg wound, a concusion, multiple brocken ribs and some internal bleeding. See why I'm not in a bed and you are?"

"OK I get it. Can I leave now?"

A nurse rushes in. "Visiting hours over everyone out."

They begin to protest but the nurse threatens to call security and they eventually clear out.

Tick tock tick tock.

Hours pass and I grow bored. I'm just making a plan of how I'm going to break out when my window smashes and my head jolts towards it. Sitting on the window ledge, holding a knife and grinning at me, is Valkyrie. Leave it to her to find the loudest way to break into a hospital. She darts over to me, pulls the tube out of my arm and holds me in bridal style in one quick movement. We'll I guess this wasn't my ideal way of breaking out but whatever.

"Thought you wanted to get some fresh air." she said and I bit my bottom lip trying to surpress a smile and act angry.

"What are you doing you can't just break into a hospital." I argue with what I hope is a scowl on my face.

"I just did now lets go."

"Ok" I say as my scowl turns into a smile. Then I scowl again and look at the floor. I hate how easily she can persuade me.

Without warning she spins around still carrying me... And leaps out the window.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yell as we fall 50 feet.

This is it, this is the end, I'm going to die if not break both my legs at least.

I jolt up quickly and then am set on my feet. I open my eyes, Valkyrie is next to me, we are perfectly fine, I'm still in my hospital gown. My legs slowly crumple beneath me and Valkyrie catches me and slowly lays me on the pavement.

She laughs at my bewildered expression.

"Can you walk or will I have to drag you all the way back to the Avengers facility?"

"You know what," I begin, "just gimme a sec, I'll be up in no time." I say while still lying hopelessly on the pavement.

Valkyrie raises her eyebrows unconvinced as I try to ignore all the judging look people are giving us.

"Eh whatever," she says and picked me up in bridal style again gives me a quick kiss on the forehead (I hope she didn't notice me blush) and starts running back towards the facilty.

𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞... 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 200 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬, 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛 𝐥𝐦𝐟𝐚𝐨. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐩𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜. 😭