Chapter 13

PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE, PART III
Chapter 13: Spring is coming

Yuhee

Who needs a high school reunion when you see the people you want to see from your high school every year? It's Changsub's birthday and we're all gathered in his house with his high school friends and the ones from college. Peniel and I dragged Binna with us too.

“Yah, kid, what happened to you?” Changsub asked, approaching me by the table where the snacks were.

“What happened to me?”

“You look like you just woke up and came to a party.” He said, gesturing to my baggy sweater and baggy pants.

“Because I did, Lee Changsub.” I just threw on whatever and came to this party.

“Be honest. Did you really bake my cake or did you just buy it from somewhere?”

“Yah! I'm offended!”

“She baked it.” Binna said, stuffing her mouth with potato chips. “Feel special. She doesn't do it for everyone.”

“I see. I must be special to Yuhee.” Changsub said, waggling his eyebrows at me.

“You're the worst second lead ever.” Binna said.

I chuckled as Changsub turned sharply to her. As time goes by, the lines between who's friends with who has gotten so much blurry. Even Binna has become close to most of Peniel's friends.

“Why am I the second lead?” Changsub asked.

“You used to like Yuhee.” Binna said.

Sungjae who's sitting at the far opposite side of the table chimed in, “WHAT? CHANGSUB HYUNG USED TO LIKE YUHEE NOONA?”

Some guests seemed to turn their heads at us upon hearing Sungjae's outbreak but Changsub didn't seem to care as he turned to me. “Yah, who's the first lead?”

“Pe—” Binna was about to respond when I cut her off. “Park Goon!” I said.

Changsub's eyes widened. “Are you crazy? Why is that bastard the first lead?”

“Then, do you want to be the first lead?”

“Kid, you're six years late.”

Sungjae got up from his seat, slamming his hands dramatically against the table. “This won't do. I'm so curious.” He said, turning to others. “Everyone! Gather around the table! Let's play!”

“Yah, what are you doing?” Changsub asked him.

Peniel sat quietly beside me, followed by others.

“Please don't tell me this is going to be Spin The Bottle.” Hyunsik said.

“No, people take turns around the table starting from Yuhee noona!” Sungjae replied, narrowing his eyes at Changsub before turning to me. “Noona, how was Changsub's hyung's confession to you?” He asked.

“Yah! It was six years ago! Why would you bring it back?” Changsub asked.

“Binna noona did first!” Sungjae said defensively.

“You're making Yuhee uncomfortable.” Changsub said.

I smiled. “It's fine. I'll say it.” I said. Binna raised an eyebrow at me and then looked at Peniel. I shrugged. “It was romantic. Changsubie doesn't look like it, but he was romantic.”

This earned a lot of whistle and chaos from the crowd. Changsub gave me a thumb up.

“We ate at the jajangmyeon shop near the school and we sat outside for a while. He just asked me if I wanted to go out with him.”