3.67 herakles

ACT III SCENE LXVII
HERAKLES

     CASSANDRA DIDN'T remember waking up. Night had descended around her and she hadn't moved a single inch from her perch on the bed. She couldn't remember what happened between then and now, except for a few instances where she told Minho and Thomas to leave her alone. She thought that everyone had took turns to check on her when there was another knock on the door.

"Cass? It's me."

Cassandra didn't oppose when Teresa opened the door and closed it immediately upon entering. She could hear the girl's footsteps draw close and the sofa in front of her rustled as it accommodated her weight.

"Cass, talk to me," Teresa said. "Did it work? You got your memories back?'

There was an almost imperceptible sigh before she spoke, "Yes. I remember everything."

Teresa leaned forwards and placed a comforting hand on her knee. "I know it can be hard and overwhelming. Believe me...the other girls had a hard time at first too."

Cassandra finally looked up from the floor into the girl's bright azure eyes. They burned through the veil of darkness surrounding them with their earnest. There was something about Teresa that just made Cassandra trust her implicitly. Maybe it was because at her core, Cassandra was very similar to Teresa. They both knew what they wanted and needed to do.

"I know why you thought WICKED was good...in the beginning," Cassandra started. "I thought so too...I thought I was helping. I went along with it, did what they told me. I believed them with everything I had...until Helenus..." She let out a stuttering breath.

"Helenus became too unstable," Teresa said.

"They just took him away and I..." Cassandra almost choked on her own voice. "What that woman did to me..."

Teresa grabbed hold of her hand as tears started falling down Cassandra's face. "I know. I know...but it'll be all over soon. We are so close, Cass. We just need to hang in there for a little bit more. Okay?"

Cassandra sniffed loudly and quickly wiped the tears from her cheeks. She nodded, her voice thick. "Yeah...yeah, I know. I-How's Newt?"

"He seems good," Teresa replied. "It's too soon to know but the procedure went well. We've just been talking about what we're gonna do next."

"Okay..." Cassandra swallowed and looked up at her. "Let's go."

Teresa swiftly helped pull her up from the bed before opening the bedroom door. Cassandra cleared her throat as she walked out of the room and the others turned to greet her. Minho, in particular, watched her carefully as she went to stand by his side around the table.