PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE
-the beginning

•••

With the fading hue of the crimson sky and the tenderness of the cool wind touching her face, Areum slowly got out of the black sports car and pushed her hair back. After all, if she fails to look like the daughter of a billionaire, she might get punished for it. Areum pursed her lips, looking directly at her new home and adjusted her thigh-fitting shirt a little, to be able to breathe in a good amount of air. Normally, she would be in her messy apartment which she had bought after spending hours of sleepless nights working as a bartender, until her dad decided to show up one night and yank her out of her comfort.

She walked towards the luxurious building, her heels clicking on the paved path. Every one near her looked so organised and managed as if they were used to it, unlike her who was trying her best to not throw up. Her palms were sweaty and her heart thrumming in her chest.

“Good evening ma’am,” Her personal care-taker said after catching up on her, “ Would you like me to show you around?”

“No, it’s fine. Just take me to my room,” Areum said with an apologetic smile. As much as she didn’t want to make anyone else uncomfortable around her, she couldn’t bear to be around so many professional people either. She needed an escape and sleeping seemed the only possible way.

After entering her own house, it took almost numerous twists and turns for her care-taker to actually find her room. Correction, it wasn't a house. It was a huge damned maze.

"Thank you so much Mr.Min, you can rest now," Areum politely bowed to the man. He had truly helped her a lot and not even once tried to question her at any of her requests.

Mr.Min gave a warm smile,"It's okay Areum and you can call me Jaesoo."

"Sure, I'll keep it in my mind!" She said and firmly closed her door. With a deep sigh, she flopped down on her huge bed with an extra soft mattress. Her eyes were fixated at the gorgeous ceiling but her mind was somewhere else. She missed her old life where she would actually work extra hard to earn things. She knew most of the people would die to be her. The daughter of the richest man in Seoul but she couldn't say the same for herself.

She knew how it is like to be always under the spotlight and being treated like the perfect puppet. No privacy.

She flipped to her side and her eyes trailed down to the open window. The sky got pretty dark since the time she had arrived. Time flies by so quickly, she thought. Just as she was lost in her thoughts, she noticed something.

Now, Areum wouldn't be one of those creeps who spy on their neighbour but something about the fight that was happening in another house caught her attention.

There was several yelling before a tall brunette pushed the other short guy on the floor and looked almost on the verge of killing him. She got up from her bed quickly and moved closer to her window to get a better look.

The shorty was taken off guard, she could tell judging by his baffled expression. She frowned a little more than before and turned around. She had better things to do instead of watching two college guys fight over some petty reason.

She switched on her phone and laid her head gently on the soft pillow. While everything had been taken away from her, she still had that one thing that managed to keep her sane.

Weird boys, she thought and rolled her eyes unaware of anything.

•••

I know it took me long enough to write this small chapter, but I didn't want the start of something new to be rushed and result in poor quality.

Anyways I changed a lil and added another awesome character and that is Areum. Don't worry, there won't be any romantic relationship with any of the character, but wait there might be? But not something that would affect taekook. And yes she plays a major role in this :D

Thank you!(If anyone still reads my book)
Stay healthy and hydrated!!
BORAHAE 💜