Chapter 1

The smell of a fresh brewed tea got Sarah up, looking at her bed side watch it read, 6:30 am. She got off the bed, straighten it and walked to the bathroom. After cleaning and dressing ready for work she went out to the living room, finding her roommate Lisa ready to hit the road.

"Fresh tea and bites, I'm off."

"You're early today. What's up?"

"We have a meeting today, guess someone is of the records, and just pray it's not me."

"You're exaggerating; doesn't mean every meeting you have someone is getting laid off."

"HR people never come to meetings unless someone has to go and rumors have it the boss want less people."

"Well then all the best, I'll pass by a liquor store on my way back to get champagne to celebrate because I know you won't be fired."

"You are crazy! Anyway, see you later."

*****************

Sarah was left sitting at her breakfast island having her breakfast, when she found herself walking down the memory lane, remembering that it was just two years back that she had come to town and lived with her brother for six month before moving in with her best friend from college because she could not stand the nagging from her sister-in-law and the fact that she had promised her parents she will be obedient made it even hard for her to fight back so the easy solution was to move out before things got more ugly. She smiled thinking of how all things turned out.

Her life was getting better her work was good, good salary with some agreeable benefits, she had nothing to complain, except the fact she was lonely. Not because she wasn't pretty, on the contrary she had the looks that turn every guy's gaze. She had that perfect tallness of a lady; a radiant mocha skin colour and she was curved at the right areas at right size and she had those big bright eyes and that killer smile that left the guys yarning for more. The problem was she had been hurt once and for her once was far enough.

She shrugged her shoulders and push the idea off her mind got up went back to the bedroom, pick her bag and left for work.

The day passed by without her knowing and by the blink of an eye it was lunch break and one of her co-worker Joan, was standing outside her cubicle calling her out for lunch.

"You seem busy today." Said Joan

"Yes, and I will be busy till Mariam gets back from vacation."

"That's a lot of busy days. Anyway, did you hear what happen to Rosa and George yesterday after work?"

"Joan!!! Stop with the gossips, one of this day it's going to back fire at you." Joan stared at her as if she was an alien from some planet, then smirked and shrugged and went on saying,

"Ooh! Please, everyone knows about it, it's not a gossip anymore."

"If everyone knows about it, why am I hearing it first from you?"

"It's because you skipped tea, anyway, if that news is gossip to you then I won't tell you a word, although I have some dashing news for you."

"What news?"

"And you call me gossiper?"

"Ok! Sorry my fat angle, tell me the news please."

"You're buying me lunch."

"No! I'm not."

"Well then, no news for you."

"Come on Joan that is blackmailing."

"Call it whatever you want, it's either lunch or no news for you."

"Fine! But if you order a lot of things you will pay for them yourself."