I'd Die For You

"Clay, do you love me?"

"I would die for you, princess."

--------------------------------------

In no way did you think that the princess of Hypixel, someone who was completely capable on her own, would need a personal guard. But there you were, meeting a young man with blonde hair and a sly grin.

"I just really don't think this is necessary," you complained.

"Dear, I'm sure you can handle yourself just fine, Clay here, is just a precaution." your father, the king explained.

"I'm still not happy about it."

"I promise he won't bother your daily routines."

"Fine," you said begrudgingly.

You turned to the young man in front of you. You watched as he kneeled down, bowing his head then looking up with his sparkling emerald eyes.

"Clay Dream, at your service your highness." He had a mischievous sound in his voice like he thought serving as the bodyguard for you was a joke. Something like a sidequest, like you were powerless. It angered you.

"Get up," you grumbled "I guess you have to follow me to everything. Come on, I'm heading to dance lessons."

"As you wish."

-------------------------------------

You had always been great at moving at a rhythm. Actually, to say you were great was an understatement. You were amazing. At every party, gathering, show, nobody could deny that you were indeed the best. Every step was calculated, graceful, perfect, it's like you were a leaf floating in the air.

Although it bothered you to have someone else watching you dance other than your instructor, you thought it might be a good time to show him that just because you were in a dress, it doesn't mean you couldn't drop-kick him.

The next few days were... interesting, to say the least. Clay wasn't what you'd expect out of a princess's personal guard. He almost makes you wonder how he got this job. Alone, he'd crack jokes, as if he wasn't talking to a princess, but an old friend. His jokes were surprisingly funny though. You two soon became friends.

-

"Princess, want to go to the city?" Clay suddenly asked.

"Clay, you, a royal guard of all people, should know that I can't just go out randomly!" You said in shock.

"Oh come on, have some adventure in your life! Or would you rather dance in your pretty little dresses all day long?" He smirked.

You kicked him. Hard.

"Ow, fine, fine we won't go directly to the city, but can we watch the sunset together?" Clay squeaked.

"Alright fine, I can't take anymore 'How To Act Like a Princess' anyway." You lifted up the book you were forced to read.

-

You two had been doing this for a month now, climbing up the walls of the castle, sitting on the ledge, and watching the sun go down. You'd never admit it to him, but you enjoyed his company. Before him, you didn't even think you'd need anybody else in your life, that just made you realize how much time you spend in your studies, not interacting with anybody else. You felt happy and safe around him. You loved him.

"Clay, do you love me?" You spoke, still staring at the setting sun.

Clay turned to you, startled "...I'd die for you princess. So yes."

"Hey! How many times do I have to tell you to call me (y/n)!" You laughed, trying to hide the fact that you were madly flushing.

"I see you (y/n)~ Your face is almost the same color as the sun!"

"Shut up!"

———
Will probably rewrite this because this was rushed and didn't have the ending I wanted but  I'll leave it here for now