6. Are we meant to be together

Anitha brought me a towel to dry my hair. Just then I realised that I didn't yet change my clothes. I quickly changed into a red kurti. Mom and Dad called me enquiring about my health and situation here.

The day ended with confusions in my mind. The sun bloomed glorifying lighting the whole world. It was a wonderful eyesight after waking up. I checked my mobile for any calls or messages. I checked if there were any transport available for my travel. But unfortunately situation remained the same. Anyways I was happy to be here.

The hands in the watch pointed to six. After refreshing, I went downstairs as I didn't want to stay locked up for a long time. The house was silent except the sound of the helper getting milk from the milk vendor. I had a talk with him. He seemed to be genuine. He spoke about the weather in Patiala.

That's when I noticed another presence in the hall. I searched for it and found Vimal's Dad lying in the sofa. When did he get up? Why is he here?

I asked the same to the helper.
"This happens regularly. I trust you while saying this. He's been like this since Savita ji passed away"

This was a new information. I noticed that he became awake and headed towards his room. I felt bad for him. Time flew without notice. Everyone gathered around discussing things after an hour.

Vimal and I stealed glances of each other. Anita noticed this and questioned me about this. I signaled her to stay quiet. But she teased me as if she found out something about us. Everyone had our breakfast. But then I didn't yet see Vimal's Dad. Then after a while, I saw him move outside to his factory.

I ran towards him to stop him. He was confused seeing me. I said, " Uncle, one minute".

"Yes beta. Tell me. Do you need anything?" He thought I needed help and offered to support me.

"Yes Uncle. Please have breakfast with us. I don't know how much days we'll stay here. I hope we spend hours together like a family until that" I requested him.

He didn't expect this. I could feel a different emotion on his face. He followed me hesitantly. Everyone there including Vimal looked at me quizzically. I just smiled at him.

We ate breakfast together. I asked him a lot of questions regarding his business. He spoke comfortably with me sharing stories of how hard he worked to build this factory. His posture relaxed and for the first time, he smiled. Then he left for his factory after patting my head affectionately.

I felt myself refreshing. I heard there is terrace garden here from the helper. I went there to find the place very beautiful. There were various kinds of plants with flowers, vegetables and fruits. When I was busy gazing at it, someone shook my shoulders to frighten me.

"Booh" She shouted near my ears.

"Anita you're crazy. Thank god. I didn't fell down" I laughed with her.

"I don't think so. You already fell for someone" She said in a teasing tone.

I hurriedly closed her mouth. " Shh What if someone hears us?" I asked her.

"So you mean to say that I'm right" Anita asked me seriously.

I hesitated a little before agreeing to her assumptions. " I think so. But I have no idea how this is gonna work? I want to be with them and build a happy family. No one has ever made me feel this way like Vimal. At the same time, I feel this is too fast" I said.

"It's okay. I can understand. Please don't panic. Everything will settle down. Will your parents agree to this?" She asked me.

I replied, " They respect my decisions. But I know that they won't be happy with this initially. I mean who would be happy to get their daughter married to a bridegroom from a different state? But all they look for is my happiness in the end. And I feel happy here" .

" Hmm. Did you tell Vimal your love?" She asked me.

I blushed instantly and tried hard to hide them.
" Not yet. I find it.. hard to say to him"

She signaled me something with hidden laughter. I looked at the direction her eyes signaled.

Vimal stood there leaning slightly against the wall. I was surprised by his presence. Anita just left the place. But I couldn't move away from his curious eyes. He made slow steps towards me. When we were so close to feel each other's breadth, I ran away towards stairs. I could hear his laugh resounding the place.

My heartbeats were rapid. When I heard the sound of a popped up message, I looked into my mobile to find the updates in the availability of transport.

For the first time in here, I didn't want to leave. I felt sad that situation turned back into normal.

How can I leave the place?

______________________________________________

Hey guys ❤️,

Hope you're well. Please do share your views.