Missing

It's officially been a month since Dolly went missing, a month since the tragic news of my best friend disappearing changed my life. As me and Taehyung sit at our old table eating teh sushi we used to eat with Dolly at the table we used to sit at with Dolly we find our eyes meeting in a knowing look.

"She's dead, there's no way a 21 year old girl can survive this long out in the wilderness" Tae says shoveling some more of poke bowl into his mouth.

"You don't know that, nobody does. Don't make any bold assumptions without solid proof" I don't know why but I feel like Dolly isn't gone.

After a month of being missing the police officers gradually begin searching less and slacking off more. I'm not saying the police aren't doing a good job but I'm saying the police aren't doing a good job.

Everyone is so keen on the idea that Dolly is dead. But something in me tells me she's not, I know my best friend. She's a fighter if anything.

"Hope is only gonna hurt you y/n" Tae says staring at his salad bowl, avoiding my gaze.

"I'm gonna head to class I'm not very hungry anymore, by baby I'll see you in bio" I say leaning down, giving my boyfriend, Jungkook a peck on his lips. He smiles up warmly at me and says bye.

"You know how she is when it comes to Doll, it's best if we simply let her believe what she wants. The hope that you say is gonna hurt her is what's keeping her going." Jungkook says pointing his chopsticks at Taehyung.

"It's weird, and creepy. She tells me that Dolly sometimes visits her in her dreams asking for help" Tae says letting out a short snort but quickly straightening out his face once he meets jungkooks glare.

"She's not a nut case, stop making her out to be one" Jungkook gets up and grabs his bag "see ya later man"

Taehyung gives him a little nod, he's somehow left alone, how does this always happen.

You can't escape her, she's everywhere. Even on the bulletin boards, you just wanted a flyer for the bake sale happening this Tuesday and instead you were met with a picture of Dolly holding a flower and smiling with the words missing in a red bold font. God she would've hated this picture, the white flowy dress and the tulip in her hand.

She looks like one of those christian girls and the thought makes you giggle. You remember this photo shoot vividly. Dolly didn't want to go but her mom started dating priest and she wanted to make a good impression. Dolly was anything but a parents dream.

Flashback

"Oh come on y/n. It's one night! I promis after tonight you can spend the rest of the night being your needy boring self!" Dolly says clapping her hands together and staring at you with her signature big dopey grin.

"I told you a hundred times" you grab her face "no"

Dolly rolled her eyes at you, why must you be so geeky she thought to herself. And suddenly a thought popped into her head, she knew exactly how she was going to lure you to that party.

"Jungkook will be there and he specifically asked me if you were going, *sigh* I guess I'll just tell him no..." she turns around to catch your expression.

Your ears immediately perk up at the mention of a rather handsome and shy boy in your biology class.

"I hate you, do you know that?"

"Yeah yeah you can hate me at the party, mkay?"

"Can we go get food now my stomach is eating itself?" I ask rubbing my aching empty tummy.

"No can do, I have a hot date, well more like a hot... dick appointment" Dolly says touching up her lipgloss using a compact as a mirror, she lets out a little chuckle and I roll my eyes.