❦ Chapter 1 ❦

Author's note:

Hello! Thank you for reading my story! Please do leave comments, follow and vote if you like what you read! It would mean the world to me :')

*Warning*

This story will contain sexual scenes. So, if that's not comfortable with you, please take note.

Happy reading! 💕

I will try to update weekly!

Copyright © 2021 by Liza.R
*Please don't reproduce, copy or plagiarize any part of this book which is a criminal offence. Thank you! :)

Cast:
This are my opinion on how the main characters look.

The following pictures are not mine and only for reference and not actual depictions.

Myra Carlton, 19

Roman Devlin, 27

Roman Devlin, 27

"Myra! Hey, My!!"

"Myra! Hey, My!!"

I heard my colleague and best friend, Tiffany James calling me but, I didn't stop. I rushed towards the lift with an iced coffee balanced carefully in one hand and a heavy folder in another.

I breathed out a sigh as the lift door closed. I caught my reflection in the mirror. I looked awful. My hair was all over the place and my face was red from rushing around.

Let me explain.

I work at Zane Magazine, the most prestigious companies in downtown Seattle.

I was just a trainee or in other words, a nobody. However, somehow, instead of being assigned to an assistant writer or even a writer itself, somehow, I ended up being the slave girl, sorry, I meant secretary and trainee to the senior head of the entertainment department, twenty-seven years old Roman Devlin.

Roman Devlin was the big boss and of course everyone congratulated me. For a new hire fresh out of college to work with one of the most accomplished employee in the company was a dream come true for many.

Zane magazine don't even hire college graduates unless you get recommended by your college head. They only accepted new hires fresh out of university.

So, yes I was lucky. Very. I was over the moon when they hired me based on a test article I wrote as well as a sample of my editing skills.