rain

"Oh hold on i think i stashed an umbrella somewhere around here"

While Luz is still looking for the umbrella, amity gets overwhelmed with this insane feeling of unknown she has never experienced before. She feels drawn to the rain, to the woods, to everything around her. Hands are shaking but she manages to reach out and feels the cold water splashing on her skin, sluice over her hand and fall on the ground where it disappears forever. Luz still can't find the umbrella but without a doubt, Amity steps right into the rain. Instead of the burning sensation she's used to, it's a cold splash that somehow feels comforting. The witch turns around and lets water cover her skin, slowly feeling the rain soaking through her jacket, through her hair but she can't bring herself to care. She feels, free, like the rain was washing away all of her troubles. She doesn't know how long she can stay like that but she tilts her head to the sky, falling on the ground. She felt weak, shaky. She couldn't breathe. She just sat there being unable to move a single part of her body.

While enjoying the chill that runs bone deep, the witch openes her eyes to see Luz smiling gently at her.

"It's pretty different from the Boiling Isles rain huh?" says Luz trying to break the silence.
"Yeah it's breathtaking. Humans are so lucky to have such wonderful things here" says Amity in response.

Luz offers Amity her umbrella as she takes one last longing glance at the gray sky. She finally understands why humans romanticize the rain so much.