Chapter 17. A Promise Of Reunion

As Serena and Mary meandered through Walmart, immersed in conversation, Mary shared a startling story. "And then, he just decided to burn my painting while I watched, horrified!" Mary exclaimed, visibly shocked. "What! That's awful!" responded Serena. Suddenly, Serena felt a crunch under her foot. "What the? There's a red petal stuck to my gray croc. Where did this come from?" she wondered aloud. Mary's eyes widened with recognition. "Ib! It must be her!" Confused, Serena tilted her head, "Ib? Who is that?" Mary's eyes sparkled with excitement. "She's my best friend! You have to meet her!" Without hesitation, Mary grabbed Serena's hand and led her forward.

The girl with the red rose was sprawled across the marble floor. As she approached, Serena exclaimed, "Oh, you must be Ib!" The girl stirred from her restful pose, looking up. "Yeah, I'm Ib," she replied softly. Serena introduced herself with a friendly smile, "I'm Serena! Serena Sakuhaku!" Ib's gaze, glowing red, met Serena's deep brown eyes. "It's nice to meet you," Ib said, her smile gentle. "It's nice to meet you too, Serena," she added, her warmth evident.

"Oh, now who is this specimen?" Girlfriend asked, her voice tinged with curiosity as she noticed the girl with the red rose.

"Not sure! Looks like she has a red rose with her!" Boyfriend replied, eyeing the newcomer with interest.

"And she says her name is Ib. First off, who names their kid that?" Girlfriend mused with a shrug.

"Anyway, she looks like she's friends with that Mary girl! So that might be tricky for getting her soul," Boyfriend remarked, piecing together their relationship.

"Okay! Let's do this!" Girlfriend said, readying herself for what was to come.

"Come on, Mary! He's not that bad," Ib urged. "Are you kidding? He's the one who stole you from me!" retorted Mary. Serena shivered as their voices rose. "Uhhh, I need to speak with Mary alone," she declared, taking Mary's hand more firmly than intended. "Ow! Okay, geez!" Mary exclaimed.

Two figures emerged from the shadows. "Prepare to be amazed!" the girl yelled as she began to float. "Let me go!" a voice shouted from the female shadow. "Prepare to meet your end!" Ib's chest illuminated brightly. "STOP! GARRY! HELP!" she cried out. Then, both figures fully appeared. "For we are the notorious BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND!" Ib exclaimed as a bright red soul burst forth from her body.

"Ib, I want to say I'm sorry for almost killing Garry AAAAAH!!!" Mary's apology was abruptly interrupted by her own scream. "What's going on? HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO IB!" Serena yelled, her attention fixed on the unfolding chaos.

"OH FOR GOD'S SAKES, JUST LEAVE US ALONE!" Boyfriend shouted at Serena.

"NO! LET GO OF IB! WHAT DID SHE DO TO YOU!" Serena demanded, panic rising in her voice.

Girlfriend locked eyes with Serena, her gaze piercing. "Now you stupid motherfucker listen to me."

Serena shivered. "Oh god!" Suddenly, Girlfriend seized Serena by the neck. "No one gives a flying fuck about what you think, bitch."

Serena struggled for air, gasping, "L-LET GO OF ME!" Meanwhile, Mary's panic escalated. "S-SERENA!!"

Serena's face began turning blue. "I-I can't breathe. Help! Me.." Suddenly, a bomb appeared out of nowhere. "No. It can't be, BOYFRIEND RUN!" Girlfriend instantly released Serena and dashed off.

"What the hell?" Serena managed to wheeze out as both Girlfriend and Boyfriend noticed the bomb. "OH GOD! TAKE COVER!"

Serena ducked for cover, but instead of an explosion, a note and confetti burst forth. "What the?" Serena exclaimed, bewildered.

Curiosity overcoming her, she reached for the note. "I-I wonder what it says!" Then, with trembling hands, she began to read the unexpected message.

"Dear Serena Sakuhaku,

If you are reading this, I am now your new helper in your adventures. I acknowledge I may have made some past mistakes, but I am committed to assisting you on your journey. I hope we can meet in person sometime, but for now, I'll remain in the shadows."

Dearest, Whitty.

As Serena tucked the note into her pocket, her confusion was palpable. "W-What the? I'm getting a new friend to help me? W-What does this mean?" she muttered to herself, her eyes scanning the area as if the answer might appear before her.

Is it Possible That Master Zelda Could Be Married?!

To Be Continued?