Another Turn

J-Hope gripped the steering wheel tightly as he sped toward his destination, nerves tightening with each passing minute. The unexpected phone call had left him no choice but to obey. When he arrived, he pressed the doorbell, his heart pounding as he waited.

"You're quick, Hoseok-shi," Mino greeted him at the door, a smug grin playing on his lips.

"Why did you call me here?" Hoseok stepped inside without waiting for an invitation.

"I just hope you weren't lying when you said Suga and Chaeyoung aren't dating," Mino said, his eyes narrowing. "Because what I've learned says otherwise."

Hoseok's pulse quickened. "What exactly did you hear?"

"My little birdie tells me they were spotted a few days ago in Taean," Mino's voice dripped with satisfaction. "Together. On the beach. Enjoying each other's company."

Hoseok clenched his fists. "Look, you asked for information, and I delivered. I have no control over what they do when I'm not around."

"Calm down, Hoseok-shi," Mino taunted, his voice grating. "I'll take your word for it this time. But there's one more thing I need you to do. After that, I'll cut you loose."

"What now?" J-Hope huffed, his patience wearing thin.

"Convince Chaeyoung to stay away from Suga, and I'll never bother you again," Mino's smirk twisted with malice.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever it takes to get rid of you." As he turned to leave, he couldn't resist one last jab. "Why are you so obsessed with them anyway? You like Chaeyoung or something?"

"That's none of your business, Hoseok-shi," Mino's smile faltered, irritation flashing in his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. See you never," Hoseok muttered, heading for the door.

                                                           ****************************

Chaeyoung drove home after her meeting with Bang PD, still buzzing with excitement. She couldn't wait to tell Rosé the thrilling news of starting her own agency. But her excitement dimmed when she saw Rosé's downcast expression.

"What's with the long face?" Chaeyoung asked as she sat beside her.

"We need to talk," Rosé said, her tone unusually serious.

"About what?"

"Have you been seeing Suga recently?" Rosé's gaze pierced into Chaeyoung's.

"Yeah, why?"

"Chaeyoung, what are you thinking?" Rosé's frustration bubbled to the surface. "That guy nearly killed you, and now you're hanging out with him like nothing happened!"

"Unnie, you know what he's been through. We can't hold that against him," Chaeyoung defended. "Besides, his father's recovering, and so is he. There's no danger."

"Don't trust him, Chaeyoung," Rosé's voice trembled as she gripped her friend's shoulders. "He's not who you think he is."

"What makes you say that?" Chaeyoung frowned. "You were fine with it before, when you heard about his family. What's changed?"

"He's dangerous, Chaeyoung! He stabbed you with a knife!" Rosé's voice cracked with emotion.

"You're not acting like yourself, unnie." Chaeyoung's smile faded as she took in Rosé's behaviour. "I'll pretend I didn't hear any of this. Suga proved his innocence, and I trust him. But for you to react like this... something's going on. I know you too well. What's really bothering you?"

"I told you already," Rosé muttered, tears pooling in her eyes.

"Unnie, stop with the nonsense," Chaeyoung snapped. "I know there's more to this. But I won't force you to tell me."

"Please, just stay away from him," Rosé's voice broke as tears spilled down her cheeks.

"Why? What aren't you telling me?" Chaeyoung's confusion deepened as she watched her friend cry.

"I can't... I just can't," Rosé whispered, shaking her head as she sobbed.

Chaeyoung's heart twisted at Rosé's mysterious distress. She coaxed her to reveal the truth, but before Rosé could say more, the doorbell rang, interrupting their conversation.

Chaeyoung opened the door, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Hoseok sunbaenim?" she stammered, bewildered by his unexpected visit.