Weeds in the pot

I made sure that I was perfectly still in my bed, all of my body covered by the blanket. I was sure there was a evil monster under my bed, and I known from what adults told me two years ago when I was 5, that if this sort of monster heard a child up at this time, it would surely eat me hole. I listened very carefully, because if I heard it in the right moment when it found out that I wasn't asleep, maybe I could run downstairs too safely. What made it hard to hear was the loud sounds of the t.v. downstairs in the living room. My parents where away, they weren't going to be home till next morning, so my safety was even less guaranteed then normal nights.

Suddenly the loud sounds of t.v. downstairs where suddenly gone. Maybe I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't for me listening so hard. Downstairs Adrian and Leo where told to stay up until they where sure I was asleep, so I figured they turned off the t.v. because they thought I was asleep, and they where about to go to bed. But I was a little confused when I didn't hear the sound of them coming upstairs. Adrian was 14, and Leo was 13, so neither of them saw me as a equal. After a time I started to get worried, and my worry only got worse after I started hearing whispers. After only checking a few words, being careful to not make any noise as I got off the bed, I walked over to my bedroom door and pressed my ear against the door.

"You sure about this?" I heard Leo say. "Yes, no better time." Adrian replied. They soon started having a back and forth, Leo started first.

"Well, your right about that. But wouldn't it be better if we did it after school, when he was coming home?"

"No. Other kids are normally going with him."

"How do you know?"

"I've been following him home almost every evening for over a month now, he's never alone."

"Maybe we could convince him to go home alone?"

"Oh, we never listens to us, he thinks he's so much better then us."

"I know, I'm sorry..."

"It won't be a problem for much longer."

I rubbed my hands a little then pulled my legs closer to my body, and leaned the hole side of my face against the door. After a time I forgot what I was thinking on before, and my hole mind was set on the conversation down below, fully paying all of my attention onto it. Adrian started the conversation up again.

"Your not going to chicken out right? You can do this?"

"Of course I can! I can do it!"

"Then don't keep giving me that look! We already got everything ready."

"Ok. You don't think he'll, you know, move around too much?"

"No, it'll go quick."

"I hope so. You'll help me get him down here right?"

"No, you can do that yourself, he's only 7."

"Your right, I'll go get him now. Everything is already set up right? Outside and in?"

"Yeah, just go before we run out of time."

"Ok."

The second I heard footsteps on the stairs I quickly stood up and was about to climb onto my bed, but thought against that and hid under my bad, and crawled as close to the wall as I could, my hole body pressed against the wall. There was a second of quiet before the door opened, and another second of quiet. "Joseph? Uh, hey where are you?" He moved next to my bed, and it made me press even harder against the wall. Then he walked over to the closest door and opened it, I heard the sound of things moving around in there, and to my horror he walked back over to my bed, then suddenly from my line of slight Leo's face was all I could see. And he looked at me with the most angry look I've ever seen on a person. This thing wasn't my brother, nor did it even seem human to me then. The thing that was masked as Leo said in a quite voice. "Joseph, Joseph? move out of that bed please. Me and your brother want to do something fun with you. You like having fun right?" Suddenly my fight came back into me, with being cornered and all, and as loud and as long as I could I yelled. "No!" And shook my head over and over again. The thing's face got even more angry, and suddenly he grabbed my leg and tried pulling me out of there so hard I cried in pain, and even heard a popping noise. I had to hold onto one bottom leg of the bed to stay under there. Soon he moved farther away from the bed to use all of he's body force trying to pull me out, and it didn't take long till it felt like my leg would be sooner ripped off then my hands let go. I yelled so much that tears fell down my eyes and I could feel the thing's nails digging in my skin making bloody marks, I known because a strange wetness was falling down my legs and onto the floor.

Suddenly he dropped my leg on the floor and I let out one final cry of pain, I couldn't see what was happening but I did hear what they said and the movements around the room, but I stayed hidden deep in under the bed. "Leo! I was wrong!" Adrian yelled, he sounded like he was still out of the room but I known he opened the door. "Mom and dad are home! Quickly let's go to our room! We'll turn on the radio and make it look like he where listening to that." "But what about Joseph?" Leo asked, moving more away from my bed. "Just leave him! We'll do the plan another time, let's go." And after that they shut the bedroom door, and I was left cowarding under my bed, the only safe place left in the hole house. I didn't sleep the rest of the night.