chapter 30 | E P I L O G U E

| EPILOGUE |

4 years later

soobin sighs to himself, leaning back against the couch in his studio room, a guitar in his hands as it rests on his lower stomach.

he hums, flicking the strings to receive a tune, nodding his head back and forth as he shuts his eyes, creating a melody, already sounding so beautiful.

over the four years, soobin has grown a bit, eventually having the guts to talk to his parents about wanting to change his major.

he wanted to sing. he didn't care what anyone else thought. he wanted to do this. he wanted to pursue a career in singing. because he wanted to.

so just two years ago, soobin graduated from college, making sure to keep in touch with ms.kim, as the student and professor had become very close over the few years they had class together.

"you're invited to my wedding" she had told him. and he had gone, smiling at how beautiful she was when she walked down the isle.

abby, her now wife, looked stunning as well. and he was so happy for the two.

soobin eventually tried out for a record label, amazingly getting in on the first try of his audition. this took him by surprise of course... but he knew it wouldn't for someone else.

"you're too good to not get in on the first try" soobin remembers that black haired boy telling him, a smile on his face as he ruffled his hair whilst saying this.

he remembers that all to well.

anyways...

so now, soobin is under a company called hybe labels. he already has an album out, and the music only had come out a few months ago actually.

"yah!" beomgyu groans, sliding the door to soobin's studio room open, stepping inside, "what are you doing up so early? you woke me up!"

soobin chuckles, "it's noon, gyu"

beomgyu scoffs, "and?"

in soobin's studio room, there was a fairly large room attached to the recording studio, with a couch and a couple chairs...

usually being beds for taehyun and beomgyu, as the two had gotten close with soobin, never wanting to leave him alone.

sooobin laughs at that.

"you guys need to stop fucking in there, it's not that loud in the recording room you know? and i still have ears"

beomgyu turns bright red, freezing in his spot, "yah hyung! don't spit lies!"

soobin pouts his bottom lip, raising his hands in surrender, "okay okay, don't shoot"

beomgyu rolls his eyes, "you're unbelievable"

seconds later, "where's taehyun?" soobin asks, paying close attention to his guitar, but still having the mindset to start a conversation, seeing the clear state of boredom on beomgyu's face.

beomgyu's story?

when the boy had gotten discharged, taehyun and him immediately starting dating, considering they couldn't even keep their hands off each other during that paired patient project they did in college.

so now, taehyun and beomgyu live together, four years later, happily engaged as they plan to get married next month.

and soobin is happy for them, of course.

and hueningkai?

the boy isn't around as much anymore, and that saddens soobin, deeply.

he misses the boy's company terribly. but he knows it's for the best.

huening kai had been studying to become a lawyer, which was funny to him at first, considering the lack of seriousness the younger had.

but now, since they've all grown a bit, soobin could see how much heuningkai wanted this. and now, hueningkai spends his days solving cases, being the best lawyer he could ever be.

and soobin is so proud of his friend.

"i don't know" beomgyu shrugs, "he said he was going to go see jimin and jungkook hyung down at the mall, by eleven a.m. sharp" the now brunette boy yawns, rubbing his hands on his face.

oh yeah... jimin and jungkook.

over the full year, jungkook's attempts at flirting had just gone ignored, the older blonde wanting nothing to do with what could ever be a relationship.

but one day, one of jungkook's usual pick up lines snapped something in jimin.

and the next thing you know, the two were on jungkook's hospital bed, the two getting caught making out by doctor kim.

now, jimin and jungkook are married, jungkook haven asked jimin just a year later, in which the boy obviously replied with a loud, 'yes!'

soobin chuckles, "you said you didn't know and then you went on to give me a full description of where he was"

beomgyu sticks his tongue out at the older, "you're impossible"

"and you're weird"

"yah! i'm not!"

"keep telling yourself that!"

"i'm not, choi soobin!"

"you are, choi beomgyu!"

"i'm not!"

"are to!"

"am not!"

"are to-"

the loud shrill of beomgyu's phone ringing makes them both flinch, beomgyu almost falling off of the chair he had ended up sitting on.

he collects himself, glaring at soobin for laughing before he's answering his phone, deciding to put it on speaker.

"who is it?" soobin asks beomgyu.

"taehyun" beomgyu says, pressing the speaker button, "yah, tae—"

"radio! ninety seven point nine right now!" taehyun's loud shriek makes both the boys laugh in confusion, amused smiles on their faces.

"are you high? why are you scream-"

"turn it on!!" taehyun shouts through the phone again, beomgyu cursing as he flinches when taehyun yells the radio station again.

"damn! okay!" beomgyu groans, walking over to the equipment by all of soobin's recording... things. yeah, he doesn't know what half this shit is.

he flicks a button on, the wired sound of the radio turning on echoing through the room as beomgyu begins to switch through stations, attempting to find the one that taehyun keeps screaming through the phone.

eventually, he lands on it.

and soobin swears his heart falls to his feet, his eyes as wide as dinner plates as he just stares ahead at the radio, mouth parted in shock.

beomgyu almost drops the phone, his eyelids fluttering as the music fills his ears.

"dude..." beomgyu chokes out, turning around with an unbelievable grin on his face.

"it's your song" beomgyu laughs, soobin chuckling with tears in his eyes as beomgyu starts to sing along, ignoring taehyun's cursing through the phone.

soobin feels warm tears roll down his cheeks, his heart bursting with glee, as this is the first time one of his songs have been on the radio.

and soon, the song comes to an end, beomgyu and soobin jumping up and down in happiness, screaming.

"and that was 091399 by artist, choi soobin"

_

HELP IM SO SORRY LMFAO