Chapter 4

"......Wait. Really?" Gano was taken aback "Just like that!?" "Well,  what else are we supposed to do? You just kind of saved our lives." Tess shrugged her shoulders "I don't trust you-" she raised an eyebrow in suspicion "but obviously Douglas does so-it's whatever." she gave her a childhood friend a pointed look "Still......" Gano rubbed his neck to calm his nerves  " Shouldn't you guys be freaking out a lot more?"  Tess chuckled in retort "Douglas has desensitized me to the impossibility of the impossible. You keep yapping about ghosts, aliens, time travel, and crap eventually you'll convince someone I guess." Tess  replied with a shrug  she tilted her head to the side to get a better look "That's not the natural color of your hair is it?" she made a face and couldn't seem to make heads or tails of what she was looking at  "What's that mean!?" Gano exclaimed with an incredulous look "Nothing." Tess drew back "It's just so....green." 

"Well yeah!" Gano huffed in defiance "Emeralds are green too...and they're luxurious!" "Dougie you got me back! The green is dope." Gano held up one of his locks as Douglas sighed "I told you to stop calling me that" as Gano continued on "It's not dope?"  "You just stopped a bullet mid-air.....I hate to break it you, but nothing'll be cooler than that." he noted  "Don't think you're going to wiggle out of explaining that later." Tess gave him a cross distrusting look, but before the conversation could continue sires were heard in the distance and drawing close.

"Not the brightest mind here, but I'm pretty sure that's our cue to get the hell up out here and go."" Brook said  anxious and a bit worried  "We can do the whole sad backstory meet and greet later. We just got this guy-" he gestured at Douglas "-out of cuffs! I've been in cuffs before..I have no intention of going back in. Let's Go! " "You know" Douglas let out a sigh  " Meat head's right. We gotta jet."  "When conspiracy meets common sense, we should come together like this a lot more " Brook gave him a wink  "Stop flirting you two" Tess interjected quickly as they made their exit "I'm telling you right now green, if this starts becoming a thing...I'm going to do something very bad!" "Really?" Gano look unimpressed "Now that's what I call an ineffectual threat."

"Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!!" the man cursed as he made his escape ducking in and out of  the the  city's alleyways. He could feel the heat on his neck as fear crawled down his skin  "I knew this  was gonna happen!! They warned me that she was gonna pull something like this!!"  He almost cried as his  breathes became labored, and the thud of his footsteps increased  "I've got too much to live for; It won't end like this!!"" his eyes opened wide as he ground to a halt, almost tripping over his two feet " Aw Damn! I'm going in circles!!" "Shouldn't you be used that by now?" a feminine voice tickled his neck as he jumped in fear.  Terrified, petrified, and unable to move, his heartbeat started to skip 

"Now tell me-" her warm hands cupped his face and squished his cheeks together as his blood ran cold  "-how can someone like you who's repeatedly taken the life of others-" her voice was sultry and smooth, but instead of bringing a sense of comfort and taking him to a place of peace-it only filled him with a sense of dread "-be afraid to die" the woman's voice echoed as  right became left, up became down, and everything become a collage of colors and shapes that didn't belong"I want to lie, and say this going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you, but.." The days of his youth and all the people he was about to leave behind flashed before his eyes "...would it really make a difference?" she continued to question not really expecting an answer "A thin line of separation divides this world and the next" Everything went pitch black and he wondered to himself if  even a witch cruel and merciless was kind enough to grant him saving grace "That's true I suppose." he smiled "Once people lose the will to live, perhaps the soul parts long before flesh accepts. Maybe that's why the elderly die from heartbreak so often at their age. Perhaps what the mind tries to fool the body into is something it'll no longer allow?" "Tell me, right here, right now, in this moment..." the woman had appeared right behind in that world of pitch black and could feel the steel pressed against the back of his neck "Do you still have the will to live?" Pulling out a can of gasoline from the garbage can nearby, she made sure to douse his body completely before pulling out a lighter and setting it ablaze "Rus in verde. I'll see you in hell."