CHAPTER 6

AUSTIN AND POPPY POV.

6:25 pm.

The past few minutes only consisted of the duo going up and down the maze-like stairs of the school. It was like a ghost town. The halls were empty and the only sounds that could be heard were the sounds Of their thundering heartbeats beating at the same level.

Austin started to sweat profusely, already smelling like a person who hasn't taken a bath in months. It was to be expected though since they've been running around for minutes on end.
It felt unbelievably tiring for them to be running around while trying to evade the creatures like a Pacman game but they had to.

After a couple more minutes of evading and hiding from those creatures, they both finally made it to the art department.
Austin quietly closed the door behind him slowly while trying so hard not to blow his cover. He couldn't take the risk of fighting those creatures so they both had to be stealthy as possible.

"Alright, now where do those suckers keep their art equipment?" He whispered to himself while looking around in every cabinet and drawer in the classroom. Poppy just stood there looking at him.

Austin could tell that she was still shocked by this whole ordeal, but she had to snap out of it.

"Hey!" Poppy quickly snapped out of her trance and stared at her ex with shocked eyes.

"Don't just stand there. Come help me find this thing." His voice is so gruff and filled with frustration that she was scared that he might shout at her as he did to Erica.

So, she quickly went over to a cupboard and started looking for a nail gun. "Fuck, where the hell do they put their stuff.." he kept shuffling through the cupboards and drawers to see if he could find a nail gun but, all he found were dried-up paint buckets and paintbrushes. He started to get more and more irritated as time went on. "Fuck, This is bullshit!"

"I ...I found one." He snapped his eyes at Poppy to see her holding a large blue nail gun in both her hands. The nails are pretty thick but short so he had to wonder if those would be able to kill those creatures. He took quick strides towards her, making her step back a little. She gently places the tool in his wooden prosthetic hands and watched him closely examine it.

"This thing is gonna need some long nails. I doubt these short stuff could do anything to kill those creatures." He said nonchalantly while looking for some other nails.

Poppy looked at him and couldn't help but blush. He's doing so much for her since this ordeal all started, she was so grateful to him for trying his hardest.

~~~~~~~~
Austin couldn't understand it himself, why was he doing all this for her? After everything he put her through, doing this for her is maybe some sort of redemption for him. He had to keep her safe no matter what, that's the least he can do for her now.

~~

"H...have you found any longer nails?"

"I only found ten, but you're gonna need a whole lot more to kill those motherfuckers, who knows how many of 'em were gonna have to face."

He could hear her whimpers of distress behind him and made him feel strange.

He didn't like it.

"Then..." She started, clasping her hands and placing them on her cleavage. "How many would I need specifically?"

He pondered on that question for a while before giving her an indefinite answer. "I don't know, maybe a couple hundred? A thousand maybe?" He kept looking around for longer nails in every possible place he could think of but he couldn't find any.