Chapter Four

The man looked up at Elena with hope. Finally, there is someone who might just bring back his shop to its former glory, even beyond that!

"Tell me what you need, Anything! And I will make sure to do it!" He said, excitedly.

"Well sir, you would have to close down your shop for a month. We have to start renovations."

"Done. I'll see to that immediately." Without even waiting for Elena to continue, the man immediately left to close the restaurant, sending whoever was in it away. He closed the restaurant doors and hung the closed sign, but also wrote on the sign "won't be open for a month" before he finally went back inside. He ushered Elena from the kitchen into the serving area and sat her down beside a table. He also dragged himself a seat towards her table.

"So what's the plan?"

"Firstly, we need to collect a loan. I doubt you have enough expenses for the renovating of this building." She started immediately.

"No. No loans. I won't take any loans."

"But you need money for renovations!" Elena said.

"That won't be a problem. I have saved enough over the years. It might just be enough for the renovations. Past experiences have taught me not to borrow from anyone." He had a distant look in his eyes. Elena suddenly remembered something.

"I just realized that we haven't even introduced ourselves. If we're to work together, we are to know our partners, aren't we?" She smiled.

"I'm Elena."

"I'm Mac." He said with a huge smile. "Please work with me. I do not know why, but you are my only hope now."

"No. We are our only hope." She replied to him.

They went ahead making different plans for the restaurant and finally when they were done, Mac left home with a smile on his face and left Elena alone in the restaurant. As she didn't have any place to stay, that would be her place of rest for the time being.

As she placed and arranged the sleeping mat that Mac had given her on the floor, she wondered if her absence had finally been noticed. She didn't care though. She was here to make a new life for herself; she would come back when it's time to get her revenge.

She slept peacefully, dreaming of the things she will achieve in the Kingdom of Neba.

The next morning, she was awake before the crack of dawn. She made sure to pack up her sleeping mattress and arrange the restaurant serving area. The renovations would begin that day. Thirty minutes after she woke up, Mac entered the restaurant looking all hyper.

"Good morning Elena! Today is a good day isn't it?" He said, all smiles. She couldn't help but drink in his happiness.

"Yes, yes it is. A day of change." She replied with a smile of her own.

That day, the tables were thrown out, and the ones which were still useful were given to those poor families who couldn't afford to have a table or even build one. They called in demolishers and carpenters, just so that they would get the fill of the environment and help them out.

The demolishers pointed out places that would be advisable to not destroy, while the carpenters gave them ideas on different designs they could carry out on different parts of the restaurant that didn't only have to do with the table and chairs. When they left, Elena asked him if he trusted them.

"Of course I trust them. They were the only ones who stood by me and supported me when my business started to go down. One day, I would tell you what happened to this restaurant, but that day wouldn't be now." He said, that sad distant look appearing in his eyes again. Immediately, he blinked, and that distant look disappeared like it was never there.