Sweet Dreams

Even gods get tired, Mobius knew that. But he didn't think a frost giant could get cold. Or maybe he was shuddering, not shivering. Either way, he wanted to help Loki feel better.
______________________________

      They had been working on this case for so long now, pulling out files and flipping through. At first, they had actually been reading but now it was just a skim for any words that popped out. It was faster but a worry dreaded in Mobius' mind that made him eventually go back to check if he had missed something. The man assumed Loki would stay up longer than him, being such a powerful being, but he had fallen asleep about an hour ago. Mobius didn't blame him one bit. He was sure to be tired after so much work, obviously not used to it in these circumstances. A desk job was not something he had experienced before. Even if it was, Mobius could do work himself. The company, of course, was favourable but he wasnt about to disturb Loki from his slumber.

        Lately, he has been feeling quite the connection to this man. He wasn't sure if it spawned from admiration or perhaps working as pseudo-partners on this other-'lesser'-Loki-variant case. Maybe it even came from a sort of friendship. Either way, the way it felt now wasnt any of those, even if he knew it stemmed from something like them. Mobius hasn't actually felt something such as this in.. no, he can't say he has felt this. Not once in his life. His job never allowed such a thing to occur. Yet, here he was, heart always beating a little bit faster everytime he would see Loki. Even now, as he sat across from the man, he couldn't help the way his chest twisted up into this fluttery feeling. It was like heaven on a platter.

        It started not too long after Mobius had gone and gotten a coffee. He could hear the sound of quiet breaths and shifting around. A vibrato of a breath is what made his heard turn up towards Loki. The sort one makes when you walk outside during winter and get that freezing blast of air; it always comes with a shiver. Just as he did. But Mobius couldnt quite pinpoint if this was just him being cold or if he was having some sort of bad dream. He had goosebumps but that didnt indicate anything solid. Goosebumps came from fear and chills. Theres a reason people say they 'got chills' when they experience some level of fright.

        Mobius didn't know what to do. He wanted to help, of course, but what if Loki wasn't actually cold? What if he was experiencing a nightmare? What then? The man took a moment to narrow his options before deciding on process of elimination.

        He took off his jacket, knowing it was a slight bit thicker than the one Loki had now. Then he stood and adjusted it over the other's shoulders and arms. It didn't work; the slight shake of his body continued. He wasn't actually wearing it, after all.

        Mobius was stubborn as ever, not wanting to just wake him up and see if he was alright. So he opted for something else since he still couldnt tell if it was chill or fear. Mobius took a moment to organize the files into a pile before setting his sights on Loki again. He got a grip first then lifted the man up into his arms. Now he was thanking his training for being able to do this, not that Loki was very heavy. Except in training, he had to carry people on his shoulders for practice in case a teammate was injured and couldnt walk on their own or was passed out. He felt it may be awkward to carry Loki on his shoulders so instead opted for a bridal position. When he did, the other seemed to curl in slightly, arms to his own chest, knees pulling closer to the same area.

        Loki looked so sweet whilst he slept. Mostly because he wasn't talking. Sure, Mobius rather liked their chats but there was also something about him just- resting that made him so happy. He knew Loki inside and out, everything he could about him. Maybe that's why seeing him catch a break was just a relief on his own part.

        He thought about bringing him straight to his room and going back to work but that was swept from his mind in mere seconds. Loki didn't exactly get a very comfortable room. Variants weren't expected to have anything more than bare necessities. There was a blanket but no heater. No warm lights. No comfort whatsoever. So instead, Mobius would be taking the man to his own quarters, where there was everything he could need. He didn't mind sharing with him one bit. He also didnt mind the odd looks he got as he carried a variant bridal style through the halls of a high ranking agent quarter section.