Chapter 2: white day

Adachi has been a fan of chocolates ever since he was a kid. He would often hoard those chocolates sent by his relatives living abroad. As a result, his mother would always reprimand him for eating too much of those chocolates. He is a fan of eating chocolates, yes. But apparently, not in making them.

It's been almost a month since Valentine's Day. A month after he gave that chili chocolate to Kurosawa, his boyfriend. In its entirety, it's not his fault. The first thing that came to mind when he thought of giving chocolate to his not-a-fan-of-sweets boyfriend, he thought of chili chocolates. Who would have thought that Kurosawa can't handle spicy food? The ever-so-mighty Kurosawa is not a fan of spicy things as well.

Putting things aside, White Day is tomorrow and Adachi needs to make up for the mishap he had last Valentine's Day. He knows in himself that even if Kurosawa said that the chili chocolate was fine (and delicious), it was hard for the latter.

Here he is, standing in his kitchen, ready to make some dark chocolate for his not-a-fan-of-sweets boyfriend. If we're talking about less sweet chocolates, dark chocolate comes to mind. Not only is it healthy, but it's also perfect for Kurosawa. Well, for Adachi's imagination because given his state of making things right, he is doubting whether he can finish making the chocolate without any mistakes. How hard is it to make one? Or should I just buy one again? Why am I making one in the first place? Adachi shakes his head.

"No, no. To make up for my mistake last time, I should do it myself. Let's see here..." Of course, he somehow feels obligated to make one because Kurosawa always cooks for him.

He looks over the clock to check the time. 10:32PM, a little late but whatever. Adachi rolled up his sleeves and started to clear the table for the ingredients he bought earlier. He had to make up an excuse to Kurosawa earlier for him to pick up some ingredients at the mart. Adachi swears Kurosawa was like a cute little puppy sulking in front of him, refusing to say goodbye. They did promise each other to meet up tomorrow since it's White Day.

"Let's start!" With his ever so passionate and eager self, Adachi starts to make the chocolate. The recipe he found was easy, so easy he might make a mistake. He grabs a saucepan from the cabinet and places it on the stovetop. He gently pours the coconut oil into the saucepan with low heat to let the oil melt. He adds the honey, salt, and some vanilla extract after. After stirring a few times, he turns off the stove and adds the cocoa powder to the mixture. He kept on stirring, as the recipe said until there were no more lumps seen.

"...That's it?!! Did I miss a step or something?!" Adachi anxiously checks his recipe again. He knows he's the one who found the recipe but it's too easy? He just hopes it tastes good. He scoops some chocolate to taste it.

Delicious!!! Adachi squeals, feeling proud. "Did I really make this?" Of course, a little self-doubt is okay. As someone who used to buy breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner, he's not just used to cooking fine.

Finished, he let the chocolate cool for a while. He grabs the molds he bought earlier at the mart. He remembers being surrounded by the giggling passersby who thought he was too serious in choosing molds. Well, he did take a long time deciding in front of the shelves earlier. It took him 30 minutes and he ended up taking the two he had a hard time choosing.

Adachi carefully pours the melted chocolate into the molds, avoiding spills and ants. He scrapes the saucepan until he gets every drop of the chocolate. Looking satisfied with his work, he leaves the pan in the sink and lets the chocolate chill on the table since it's still hot. Adachi plops onto his soft bed, picks up his phone to set an alarm for 5 minutes. He really finds it hard to do something after a tiring day at work. He would even consider it a miracle he was able to make some chocolate tonight. 5 minutes should be enough for the chocolate to rest. Let me sleep for five minutes...So tired.