Talks of the Future

Things between you and Chrollo felt off. You tried your best to see Chrollo more often, but sometimes he would be with the Phantom Troupe.

Machi encouraged Chrollo to ask you on a date. He agreed with the idea but explicitly explained his intentions of it being a date. He asked you to hang out and you accepted his offer.

"Where do you see yourself in five years Chrollo?" you asked him as you two sat in the outdoor patio of a café.

Chrollo pondered a response. "I don't know. Doing something bigger than this. Maybe move somewhere or grow the Spider. I don't know." Being with you, he thought. "What about you?"

"Getting stronger, traveling more, maybe being married."

"Oh?" Chrollo raised his eyebrows. "I didn't think you wanted to get married."

"I was like 10, Chrollo."

"You sounded so sure," he laughed. He began to mimic you, "I'm not going going to marry anyone. Boys are gross and mean-"

He did not finish the last part of the quote, which said, "Except you Lolo - you're not gross or mean. Maybe we could get married if all else fails."

You both laughed bashfully, being aware of the missing phrase. "I mean I would like to, but I have to wait for that special someone to be ready, because I am."