Finally

David and Mary Nolan sat anxiously in the squishy office chairs. In a few moments, they would be finding out if their plan to adopt had fallen through or not. Mary tapped her feet on the ground nervously, while David rubbed her back. He desperately wanted to kiss her and promise that no matter if this didn't work out, someday they would have their baby. Unfortunately, he couldn't. 

   All of a sudden the door swung open and Mrs. Maguire, who worked with the adoption agency, walked it. She wasn't smiling, but she rarely did, but she wasn't really frowning either Mary realized, so she hoped it was a good sign. 

   'Well, it didn't work out with baby Noah, his mother decided to keep him, apparently.' They both sighed, they both wanted to start crying, but they wanted to keep it professional, so they barely managed to hold it back. 

'But..' Mrs. Maguire started, they felt a wave of hope. 'There is a little girl. But she wouldn't be as easy to take care of, becau-' she got cut off by David. 'We're open to adopting a baby with a disability though, right Mary?' he asked, she nodded. She was a special needs teacher, it wouldn't make sense if she said no. 

'I know, Mr. Nolan' she said coldly. 'That isn't the problem. You asked for a baby from a newborn to 1 year, correct?' they nodded. 'That's what I thought, now I tried to find a baby for you, but there isn't one available for possible adoption for your family right now. But the youngest I could find was a 2-year-old, 3 in 2 months.' she stated.

'That's fine!' Mary exclaimed, louder than she had planned. She looked down, 'Sorry., but that is okay, right?' she said looking over at David. 'Of course, he said. 

Mrs. Maguire looked over at them, she had not expected that response. 

'Well that's good, but there is more. I think it's best if you read this,' she said, handing them a folder each. They both had the same information. 'Emma' they both breathed under their breath, so quiet no one but themselves could hear. It sounded perfect. 

But that happiness faded when they read about all the trauma she had been through in her 3 short years. It sounded as if this little girl had never been truly cared for and it would be hard to believe if she told you she had ever been happy.

But none less... they had managed to fall in love with little Emma Swan before they had even met her. They had a few smiles in the 'all about me section, which was in Emma's exact words. 

Name: Emma 

Favorite Color: Pink, Blue, Red, Yellow, Orange, & Purple but not green because green is a vegetable color. 

Favorite toy: Dollies

Favorite Animal:  Bunnies or Dogs or Cats or Fish or Birds

When I grow up I want to be: A Ballerina Animal Doctor

What I want for my birthday: My mommy or my daddy or  a  brother or a sister or a toy truck

Mrs. Maguire saw their faces light up when they saw her picture and read her all about me, so she had already written down that Emma would be coming to meet them in 1 week, and if it went well, she would become their daughter.

Hi guys! It is the start of another OUAT fanfiction story. If you liked this story please check out my others and REVIEW!!! Thank you!