[003] A strange enigma is man

III.

A STRANGE
ENIGMA IS
MAN

——THE DAY WAS OFF, as Alyssa liked. There was rain and pain and more fun with cases so, there were they. Both Leonard and Alyssa sitting on a restaurant's table, looking for something to eat whilst she was getting tedious by every minute.

Leonard wasn't just seeing her but watching, staring, trying to figure her out. ——That was Alyssa's job, not Leonard's, she might be a bit  jealous of tha fact he was a little like her, after all.

Then, the waiter came to them, with a notebook, his face changed when he saw her. "Alyssa! Nice to see you again. How has life been? Do you want something?" She was going to open her mouth and say something but he continued "You can have all free, girl. I owe you" Alyssa smiled.

"You do?" Everything dissapeared, she really hate Leonard by that.

Her eyes were not alive anymore, she had to pretend another smile, though. —— One of Alyssa's favorite mood was not having any of them.

Sometimes she could control which emotion choose, it was rare but exciting and unnatural at the same time. That was why she was so far away from the actual average human being, emotions could take down every improvement she could have.

"I helped him with his complaint in court, easier than I thought" The man smiled again, straight to her, she helped him like the model father she never had. ——That is how he could describe their relationship, Alyssa just would always refer to it as a favor. But both knew that it was more, they had more than that and it was better not talking.

"So table for two people?" The guy sitting at the left nodded "New boyfriend, is it? I will put on an aromatic candle" Leonard almost got shocked with the statement, starting shaking his head more stronger every time and scoffing as if he had something to eat already. —— The effort was futile, Alyssa didn't try to do anything, she was alright with her own bussiness so any other thing could care less. However, the fact his 'ex-client' thought she was dating resulted kind of infrequent.

"We're not on a date!" Leonard feel the need to say it loud, it might was new for him, too. "Oh God" She just waited, there was no time for groggy moments.

He looked at the menu and stayed a little distraught, as in he didn't had a hearty experience with restaurants. That was discreet and deft, though. ——Alyssa knew, too. That was who she was, see what other people couldn't.—— But it was killing her, the truth was she was killing herself. She had to reapet her purpose every single minute 'I have to be serene and do what they didn't'

"So, coming here often?" She nodded slowly "Having any boyfriend?" He was trying to know her, nobody really wanted to, but the people that lived with her. —— 'Is he? Yeah, he is'

"Not boyfriends, not really my area" He got confused, really confused. But  Leonard did know what to say. ——  What almost all people said when they thought about LGBT comunity, she had two things to be waiting for. She did want to kick his ass but it might was a bit rude.

"Oh, okay" He cleared his throat and arranged his silverware on the table, messing it up slightly. He was a complete disaster in Alyssa's eyes, one who loved to kill, a psychopath. —— Not a psychopath, though. They had completely different ways to act, but the term fit him so he would stay with it. —— "Do you have a girlfriend?" She looked and drank her glass "Which is fine--"

"I know It's fine"

"--By the way" He could complete his sentence after her answer, that wasn't his best shoot but Leonard was not thinking too much "So you don't have a girlfriend?"