Wonderful World

"What a wonderful world." Starlight chuckles darkly, swiping his fingers under the bound hero's chin. She jerked away immediately, and Starlight looks past the tears in her eyes.

"Oh my, I'm walking on air, talk of heaven on Earth." He gazes down at his prey. She's speaking to him, but he cannot hear.

"I've got more than my share. Haven't got a care." Starlight leans back on a desk placed behind him, weaving crackling stardust between his fingers.

"Haven't got a care." He repeated, not even noticing he did it.

"Wil--It's m--Can you he--me?"

Starlight's grin fades a little as he hears something, distant to his madness.

"Wilde--I lo--ou. Ple--s--come ba--to m--"

His powers falter.

Suddenly sunlight starts infiltrating his darkness, the power in his hands beginning to fade to small pinpricks of silver, hanging in the air.

He looks down at the hero bound in front of him, but her eyes, w   i   d   e open,  pleading.

"What a wonderful world."

Her eyes.

A bright blessed day.

To his dark sacred night.

"I think to myself."

Colors of the rainbow, so pretty in her all.

He sees partners, hugging tight, saying "I'll protect you." But they're really saying "I Love You."

"What a wonderful world."

Starlight's knees hit the floor, ice cold tears of hydrogen po
                                                                                                                         ur
                                                                                                                              i
                                                                                                                                n
                                                                                                                                    g            ou t        of  his  eyes and

                                                                                                 s             h     a          tt       e r         in         g       upon
                                                                                                                                                                                    impact 
                                                                                                                                                                                    with the

                                                                                                                                                                                     floor.

"I think to myself..." He whispers.

"What a wonderful world." Fae says, cupping his cheek in her hand.

The villain leaned into the touch. "You're my

Wonderful

World."