Did you know ??

1

The Dead sea is so Dense with Salt, you can easily float on it without Drowning.

2

A Dogs heart beats 40 times a minute faster than yours.

3

Rafflesia Arnoldii is the largest flower in the world, and can grow as big as an umbrella.

4

The hottest planet in the solar system is Venus, with an estimated surface temperature of 864 F (462 C ).

5

Alcorn state University in Lorman is the oldest black land grant college in the world.

6

There is enough energy in one bolt of lightning to power a house for two weeks.

7

A new star is born in our Galaxy every 18 days.

8

While only 2% in weight, the human brain requires 15% of the body's heart work, 20% of oxygen and 25% of all glucose.

9

The average distance between the Earth and the Moon is 238,857 miles ( 384,392 km ).

10

Termites can digest wood, the protozoa in their stomach ( they eat them when they are younger) actually are the devourers of the wood.

11

When Joseph Gayetty invented toilet paper in 1857, he had his name printed on each sheet.

12

After eating, a housefly regurgitates its food and then eats it again.

13

Air becomes liquid at about minus 190 degree celcius.

14

The ears of a cricket are located on the front legs, just below the knee.

15

Some species of earthworm can have as many as 10 hearts.

16

When baby giraffes are born, they drop six feet to the ground and land on their heads.

17

The shark has to keep moving to stay alive.

18

To avoid predators, a mother slow Loris licks its offsprings with poison before sending them off to search for food.

19

A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.