Chapter 10

Graham's P. O. V.

I woke up suddenly. There is thunder and a heavy rain outside. The loud thunder had wakened me up. In the darkness, I reached out to the alarm clock beside my bed and tried to look at the time. The short needle is pointing near to 4, so I guess it's nearly four in the morning.

When I was about to continue sleeping again, I found that the lights are on outside my room. Somebody is up in the middle of the night. What are they doing?

I got down from bed and opened my room door. There was no one to be seen, but the lights are on, strange.

"Mum, Dad?" I called. I have a feeling that something is not right.

Soon Mum came to me. "Oh Willy, why are you up?"

"Because the thunder is too loud," I said, seeing that Mum looked like she had tears or water on her cheeks...?

"Oh..." she hugged me for a while. "It will stop soon, go back to sleep okay?"

"But..." I wanted to ask why is she awake at this hour but Mum pushed me back to the room. "Why are you awake?"

"Nothing Willy, nothing. We...Dad and I are just up to check if we have any clothes left outside," Mum explained as she tucked me back into bed. "Good night and sweet dreams."

Mum closed the door and now I'm back in my dark room. It's not right. If it were only clothes left outside, why did Mum cry? Or wash her face? Her clothes are not wet, so she definitely hasn't went outside yet.

Maybe I had overthought. Yes I must be overthinking. Everything is alright, and I decided to go back to sleep.

.................................................................................................................

Allan's P. O. V.

Today, I went back to school and want to tell Janis that I have been friends with Graham again! She had arrived earlier than me as usual, so I sat down and told her everything that happened between me and Graham. And yes, I also told her about my singing secret.

"I think you sing quite well," Janis said as I finished.

I stared at her. "How do you know if I sing well?"

"Erm...I'm just guessing," Janis said, almost uncertainly. "I believe you sing well."

I shook my head smiling. "Thank you, but I need more practice."

Classes went on as normally as they would, and one thing better than the other days is that Janis had started to talk more with me again. She is back to her normal self, and at first, I wanted to ask why she is acting strange around me for the past few days, but decided not to asked her at last. Maybe its not something big at all.

Graham and I have also started singing today at the canteen, which drawn attention from some of our friends. Nathan and Patrick were also happy for us, and Janis was so happy she didn't stop telling us how nice it is to see us singing songs together.

I was very relieved. I can't believe that I made it and is now brave enough to sing in front of others. Maybe having Graham singing along with me helps with my confidence! I am still slightly afraid of people hearing me singing, but I am now braver than before!

When school ended, I packed up my things, planning to go to the recyclable items spot in our school and sing again with Graham. Graham was also packing up his things too. Janis stayed, and she was waiting for me as though she has something to tell me.