MEET THE BITCH

[𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞; 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞]

As much as I hate it, my life is a damn routine. I awake, I take care of my moral needs, and then I follow my parents around like a fucking puppet.

I don't have a social life, I can't maintain an unworthy conversation, and personally?

I feed off the fear of my employees.

When people hear my name and think of my business, they think of underground meetings and bullshit. When people hear, "The heir of the Grand Mafia," they think some babied woman, one ready to feed off their commands.

But that's not this life. It's not underground meetings all the time. It's not a secret life and definitely not a babied life. I step out of my car and hand my keys to the doorman before being greeted by one of my only friends, Kiana. I can smell the coffee on her breath, even if I'm not listening to what she's saying. I could care less, no offense to her but I just know it's not about work.

I feel the stares on my body as I walk down the long walkway to the elevator. I don't parade my money in my style as much as others say I should, but my red bottoms clack against the shiny tile floor harder than they usually would to show the dominance that my mother always said I needed to carry. And it's almost like the pulley knows when to opens its sleek doors because I don't stand in front of it for more than a second before I am stepping in.

I click the 36th floor out of all 52 and tune into Kiana's conversation.

"I swear I love him, but maybe everyone was right about us jumping into things too quickly." She sighs and looks up at me as I hide the face of regret and put on one of concern.

"You and Manny are just having some problems, that's what married couples do," I repeat the same sentence as I have for a week now.

It's always something with Kiana and her husband, Manny. We all are only so young and as much as it is encouraged to get married by 30, getting married at 18 was most certainly not. From family shunnings to physical fights, I stayed with Kiana through it all but I just can't keep listening to her about her problems when they don't affect me or my work.

Finally, the ride is over and my day has finally begun. I head to my office before stepping out and heading to my mother's. I knock twice in a rhythmical way before opening the door. I'm greeted with a smile and I walk over and kiss her hair before getting a glance at her computer.

It doesn't shock me what I see but makes me angry when I read a few lines of her draft email and the SouthSide is already brought up. I've hated them since I could remember and I know they feel the same way. They are the most unorganized people ever, and all they do is a party. It sucks and it rains down on me because they could benefit our family business so well if they got their shit together.

"What's that mama?" I don't move from her face and continue reading what she has posted. I scoff a little loud and I feel her eyes on me. I may be 25, but she scares the fuck out of me still.

"I'm calling a meeting for everyone to attend. You'll attend if you want but I must warn you that all Morgan's are going and I'm getting into contact with the east." She gives me business eyes as if I don't put my personal problems aside before I dare walk into this building.

"No. I won't attend, you and daddy can go and I'll work from here." I walk around her desk and blow her one last kiss before I exit.