Chapter Twelve: Secrets Are Out

I sank to the floor, my eyelids drooped. Did Kaname just..?

"Lord Kaname?" I heard Aido ask, Kaname didn't reply. Then I heard myself scream. Not because I was falling but because of what bit me. A pure-blood. No. No. No. This could not be happening. I would not become a monster. It was too late. I could feel the venom pulsing around my body. I fought it with all my will power.  I. Would. Not. Become. A. Vampire.

If I did, then I'd kill myself somehow. 

The light started to fade, along with my humanity...

Waking up was like torture. I kept asking "Am I a monster?" and I knew it would hurt the other vampires, but I couldn't be a vampire. I just couldn't. I was reluctant to open my eyes, but then a familiar person lightly poked my arm.

"It's me," Four informed me.

I risked a glance, my vision hadn't changed. That was a good sign, right?

I gulped, "Am I?.." I couldn't finish.

He laughed. "No, for some reason the change never happened. Kaname thinks you fought it," Four explained.

"That monster? He did this to me!" I was outraged, how dare he say anything about me. How. Dare. He.

Four opened his mouth to say something, but Zero stormed into the room, which, from where I am, was gloomy and small. The bed I was lying in was plain, the ceiling was purple and the room was windowless. There was a sofa and a chair. Nothing else.

"What the hell happened?" Zero demanded.

I looked to Four, he could explain this one. He looked back to me with his dark brown eyes and his hair fell over his left eye, his small plush lips blew the hair out of his face, he sighed and explained the process of me, Kaname and Aido. The whole time I could feel Zero's glare. I mean I was glad he cared and all but he was way too serious on this. When Four finished explaining hid phone rang. He left the room and entered again ten minutes later, interrupting the silence that lingered in the room. 

"The association wants us to inform them on our progress," Four said. I glanced to him and then Zero. Four covered his mouth. Oh no. The cat was out of the bag.

"Association?" Zero questioned out loud.

"Yeah, Four and I have jobs at the Vam-" Four interrupted me, giving me a glare at the same time. "What my disorientated friend is trying to say is that we, um, have contacts with the, uh, association of, uh.." Four hesitated, he couldn't think of anything.

I bit my lip.

"Cut the crap," Zero deadpanned. 

I looked at him. Four glared at him. Zero yawned. "You're with the VHA, I found out. Cross lets things slip occasionally."

Four and I exchanged a glance, Zero was acting weird. He was gripping the couch on which he sat on. My eyes widened. He was hungry.

I realized how hard that must have been for him. I was sitting here with two holes in my neck, probably leaking blood and he was here looking out for me, trying to control the urge to bite me. I admired him, his self control.

He looked over at me, I nodded my head telling him, silently, that he could leave. But, him being Zero, completely ignored me and just continued to sit there, right next to Four. They were, guess what, glaring at each other. The tension in the air was suffocating me. I had to do something.

"Um guys, I'm really tired. I can't sleep with you both just glaring," I lied.

Zero stood up, waiting for Four to go first, God they were so childish. I coughed and they both left, like sad puppies.

As soon as all the tension had disappeared I jumped up. Waiting just behind the door for a few minutes, I checked that no one was there. I was in luck. Quietly I left the room. The corridor outside stretched on for what seemed like miles, there was a single light at the far end, illuminating the purple walls. Everything here was so bland!

I made my way towards the next door that I could see, it was about two metres away.

I heard a creek behind me. I turned around to see a familiar presence lurking in the shadows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT I WAS LIKE, 12 WHEN I WROTE THIS AND I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE A PROPER UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD OR WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO WRITE! SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE, I'M REALLY SORRY FOR HOW PATHETIC THE MAIN CHARACTER IS PORTRAYED AND HOW STUPID THE PLOT IS.

I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD CHECK OUT MY NEW WORKS.

The Vampire Hunter:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/40046291-the-vampire-hunter-wattys2015

Graffiti:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/50779861-graffiti

Edited on 25/12/15

-AnimeLovingTimeLord!