Episode 7

The days went by like usual.
Wake up, work, go home.
But when they saw eachother they waved a lil hello to eachother.
They had helped eachother, that's all, right?
No big deal..

"WOHOO! Finally saturday! Ugh I've longeeed"
Branch walked into the stable with his horse right behind him.
"Heh yea, the best day of the week"
Merley leaned against a shovel and sighed happily.
"You only got one trainin' and I don't need to listen to complainin' from horse owners"

Branch took off the saddle and bridle from his friend and let him out in the pasture.
"Have a good rest now buddy, you earn it, you're such a good boy💖"
Branch kissed Brownie's nose and Brownie licked Branch on the ear in return.
"Haha, it tickles. See you tonight, bye!"
Branch took a badly sewed bag and hanged it on his shoulder, and went towards the forest.

The wind felt good sweeping through his hair, and the sand was exactly the right temperature under his feet. This will be a good day.

"AYYYYY SATURDAYYYYYY!!"
Poppy jumped up from bed and danced through the little stable to get hay and water for her horses.
She opened up the stable doors and the horses happily ran out in the sand and jumped n' kicked out of happiness, chasing eachother.
Poppy laughed and put out the hay and water for them to eat when they feel like it.

Poppy herself ate an apple and packed a few other fruits in a piece of fabric.
"Hey Pops, ya going to the woods?"
Molly looked out through the window of the second floor of the building.
"Yep, it's gonna be nice to just be chillin' for a bit, are you coming too?"
"I wish I could, but dad has plans for me today."
"Naw, that sucks.. hopefully you are free tomorrow then"
"And don't forget our picnic this evening"
Molly made finger guns and Poppy did too.
"How could I forget, finally a real meal instead of fruits"
Poppy waved and headed into the forest.

She inhaled the soft cold air from the trees.
There were still dew in the grass and on the leaves that dropped down on the pik troll's pink skin and magenta hair.
The only sounds were the breeze making the leaves dance and the beautiful singing of birds echoing through the woods.

Poppy jumped up on a rock that were covered in soft moss. There were a few of them in a row that she skipped away on.
The feeling of the forest was so mystic yet safe and sweet. Kind of a weird combination when thinking of it. But it somehow works.
It's so peaceful too, only her, birds, trees-

*Bonk bonk bonk*

Poppy almost lost her balance.
What is that sound now?

She sneaked closer to where the sound came from.
But as the sound was as loud as it got there was nothing there.
"This is weird...wait, maybe it is a woodpecker in the trees? That is the only logical explenation I can come up with."
Poppy looked up at a big tree. But the sound stopped.
"Huh. Yeah it must have been.."

But now something moved in a big bush next to the tree.
Poppy froze, ready to run or fight.
She lifted up her arms and positioned her legs to stand stronger.

"Damn leaves pff plfssh"
It was a troll? Out here?
His hair were covered in leaves and he spitted out leaves and sticks that accedentally got in his mouth.
"Branch?"

The troll looked up.
"Poppy???"

(4/08/2021)