-1-

"Ugh" you let out a deep sigh. Your back was laying on something super uncomfortable. Wait what? You got up. Laying in a small river. Rocks making it undeep. Even though the water wasn't very high. Wait a minute. You were outside! And not outside, but outside, outside!. You got up. "Oh this is bad, very bad" you said running through the river to hide behind a tree. In fear looking around. A mute could jump you from behind any minute. But it didn't. Nothing happened. Your eyes scrolled around as you held the tree for life support. The sun shining, a soft wind blowing on your arms. No disaster happening here. Yet.

After a few minutes taking deep breaths you let yourself expose to the world. Many trees around you. Covering the river and the small ground area around it. Hm okey this wasn't so bad. The world hasn't changed much. It was only much more quieter. The last time you were above ground was years ago. Screaming and running when the mutes came. Forced to hide underground.

Wait the hole. How could you end up here?. Did they trow you out? Who does that. You heard a noise coming from th distance. What was that? It sounded like wings clapping. And going very fast. Hm. Not taking any risks!

You jumped behind your old buddy the tree. Kneeling down to make yourself smaller. Looking up to see what or who was making that noise. It took a few seconds before it got louder and louder. And then a few birds flew over. Humming birds. At least that was you trying make something. They flew fast. And luckily not stopping. Otherwise you were in some trouble.

You decided to make a campfire. You need warmth after laying in a river. The clothes you were wearing were soaked. They had to dry. And it took some time to gather stick and dry grass but after half an hour you finally could make your fire. Building the sticks as an pyramid with the dry grass inside. And just sticking out from above the stick pyramid. Now you needed two rocks that could start a fire. You looked around. There were no rocks, except for the ones in the river. A groan left your mouth. You fished two small rocks from the river and dryed them with leaves. Yeah you were going to survive up here.

Not much later a crispy fire was in front of you. Now all you needed was some drinkable water and something to eat. But for now you were going to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------

Distance sound crashed you awake. It was close. You got up. It was around midnight and the fire was close to it's death. You kicked the campfire into pieces to make it darker. The sound got closer. It was walking towards you! "Shit" you cursed as you tried to make no noise in kicking the fire out. You looked around. Enough tree's to hide in. Since the moon light was shining down. You could see a bit. And you know what they say. Mutes see in the dark and humans don't.

You were not going to survive up here!

You climbed up a random tree. In a hurry and fast. Locking yourself onto a branch. It was maybe around seven feet away from the ground. Hopefully enough.

Yeah no.

The sound of walking stopped underneath the tree you were in. "Please let it be a a non-mute" you thought. At least you were strong enough to hold yourself locked. The workouts weren't useless after all. And to make it even more fun. The moon exposed itself even more when it decided to get away from the clouds. Now you could see better. Meaning, you took a peek.

It was definitely someone. A big person. Or mute. Yeah a mute. It's skin colour was green. "Sure I heard something" a feminine voice said underneath you. Suddenly another pear of footsteps joined. "No I heard something too" a male voice said. You couldn't see very clear but the other one had red eyes? It was too damm dark. Alright two mutes. No trouble. If you stayed safety in this tree nothing will-

The branch broke.

And you fell down..

"Ouw" you said as you rubbed your head. "A human?" A new male voice said. You didn't care about who or what you got up and decided to run.

(Play Jamack theme song next to the drawing above)

Zigzagging around. You were amazed you didn't run right into a tree. You saw that tree. And that one. But oh, you were to late.

Running right into a big tree that has been standing there for hundred years. Yeah it knocked you right unconscious. And into a deep painful sleep you went.

The mod frogs stopped at your unconscious body. "Why did he run?"  Kwat asked as she lowered down to you. "I don't know" Harris said. "What do you think Jamack?" Harris said turning. A pear of feet walked closer to you. "This boy must be from a burrow"

Word count 856
Comicmaker12