Chapter One

"What are you doing?" she shouted.

"If I found you the least bit attractive you would know, keep your hands to yourself freak," she states her Caribbean accent adding fuel to her words.

His eyes widen in confusion as his face flushed with embarrassment. Her words cut through him like a knife. He couldn't even defend himself as almost a dozen girls just stared back at him. He motioned to the desk behind her to retrieve his bag and she stepped aside slightly allowing him to pick it up. He bowed his head as the awkward silence continued, he started for the door but bumped his foot against an empty desk.

He hastily retreated out the double doors and into the parking lot fumbling frantically for his car keys. He felt hollow inside as his anxiety took over, a swarm of thoughts rushed through his head. They were all probably laughing at him by now after being crushed by Tamara Pippin.

She had been his crush since 6th grade when she transferred in from the Caribbean. He was captivated by her unusual persona and beautiful accent. She and her mom had migrated from Trinidad & Tobago a small twin island off the coast of Venezuela. She stood out wherever she went due to her exotic beauty, shoulder length, curly dark brown hair with majestic brown skin.

Unfortunately she was like a shiny new toy to the other boys, they all doted on her filled with admiration and lust. Despite her army of followers, she had only dated one guy in their year group since 7th grade James Murray. The ultimate douche, he was on the track team and also played football for Bakersfield High School being elected team captain last season.

There were rumors that he had hooked up with Jessica Springfield, the cheer team captain famous primarily for her huge rack but after he professed his love for Tamara at the summer soccer playoffs she took him back.

He sat in his car and contemplated leaving early, or maybe transferring schools would be better. Given that his mom was the Dean made his prospects bleak. He would never be given a pink slip to leave the compound by any of the teachers regardless of how sick he could pretend to be. So he sat in his car reliving the dreadful past few moments in his mind.

Why did you try to touch her, she must think you're a creep, could I be homeschooled for the final year of high school? He thought to himself as rain drops began to hit the roof of his car. Oh great! Rain, this day couldn't get any worse he pondered sinking lower into his seat to avoid the eyes of a passing group of students.

Tamara's POV

"Ughhhhh, I can't stand him!" Tamara stated rolling her eyes in annoyance as Luke stormed out the classroom.

"Oh my gosh! Tammy you totally ripped into him," Aurora stated.

"Who cares he's a creep," Cassie defended.

Most of the other girls nodded in approval.

"Come on let's get to Bio," Cassie said jumping up off her desk to retrieve her bag.

As they waved at the other girls left in the class Tammy, Cassie and Aurora made their way to the Bio lab to get their regular seats before the start of the 3rd period.

Ms. Bobb their English teacher had been absent for 3 weeks now since the entire school found out that she was four months pregnant a fact she had tried in vain to hide. Unfortunately being unmarried and pregnant was a sensitive matter for the school board which led to her immediate suspension. Since then the 12th grade English class had benefitted from a number of free periods as the school was yet to find a replacement teacher.

The girls sat one behind the other during Bio and Cassie hugged Rebecca as she made her way into the lab. They had been on again, off again for about a year now since Cassie revealed that she was bisexual.