The Question

-Scarlettes POV-

She can't remember any of us. I've been taking care of her since her parents died. I was her moms best friend. I watched her grow up, and she doesn't remember me.
"Scar? Are you okay?" Jake asks pulling me back into reality.
"Huh? Oh yeah. I'm fine." I tell him. A tear rolls down my cheek.
"Scar. They said it's probably just a side effect. She will be back to normal in no time." He gives me a hug.
"What if it's permanent? What if she always doesn't remember us?" I say.
"Shh. Scar it'll be fine."

-Jakebs POV-
~2 days later~

"Jakeb? I am from the hospital. She hasn't gotten much better since last time. She's regaining her memory though." Someone on the other end says.
"Thank you. Can I visit tomorrow?" I ask, hopeful that she remembers me.
"Yes. Tomorrow at 6pm."
"Okay. Thanks." Then I hang up.
Time for school.
I get on the bus, feeling awkward knowing that Annalea and Paisley won't get on the bus later.
When I get to school, I see Hannah, Paisley's friend.
"Hey, Jake." She says in a flirty way.
"Uhm, hey Hannah." I say, walking to the front door of the school.
"How's Pays?" She asks.
My heart starts hurting. "She's lost her memory."
"Oh." She says. Then she pushes me up against the lockers and kisses me. I wrap my arms around her and I kiss her back. Then, I  push her away.
She's breathing heavy. "Jakeb Allen. Will you be my boyfriend?"