Eyes On The Road, Styles

Your eyelids are stained red from the sun as you sit in the front seat of your boyfriend's car. Feeling the breeze pick up from the rolled down windows, your eyes feel heavy, threatening to shut and drift off into sleep. The wind whips through your hair and across your face that is turned towards Harry Styles, the boy you started finally dating after having feelings for him for months.
You can see him through a tiny gap between your partly closed eyelids. He is steady, but for his fingers tapping a rhythmic beat on the steering wheel. You remember your eyes fixating on his sharp jaw before trailing up to look at his supple cheeks, then resting on his own brilliant green eyes, as curious as ever, the very first time that you saw him. You could never forget those eyes, you thought as your mind finally gave way, sleep flooding in. Just then, the wind picked up its speed as some of your hair escapes from behind your ears and splays across your face. You felt green eyes catch you before you could move away. Harry stares at you for a while and you make an effort not to let him know that you're awake. A smirk plays at the corner of his mouth before he reaches his hands to tuck away your hair again. His smirk now reducing to an unreadable expression, he stares again, his fingertips still tracing your cheeks.

Nobody has ever looked at you this way before and you start tensing up, your mind flooding with thoughts, among which were those angelic eyes flashing again and again. Then to cover it up, you start thinking of something to say to him.

"Eyes on the road, Styles, or the love of my life will die.", you say, before you can even comprehend it. Harry's hands suddenly retract with response. Your hands clap your mouth shut as you realize the words that had just left your mouth. You watch as Harry's eyes widen.

"Wait...what!?", he says confused, eyes switching from the road to your face and back again.

"Did you actually..."

"I guess I just did that, yeah", you gulp as you say after a while, understanding that it was too late for anything now.

"We have to pull over."

"What!?..Why?!"

He just shakes his head, his lower lip curling up to meet his teeth. It looks like he's....smiling? You cannot tell.

He swerves to the side before coming to a stop at the side of the road. Long, wild grass grows on one side of the road and the sky is a blameless blue in color.

He gets out of the car and goes around to open your door and pull you out too. Wind whistles moving his long curls sitting prettily on his shoulders.

"Why did you pull over?", you ask again.

"I....didn't know what else to do", he says honestly. "Did you really mean what you said there ,y/n", he asks his voice lowering in volume but getting a little rough.

"No.", you say, knowing that he knew that you did.

"Not even a little bit?", he asks, jokingly, playing along.

"Not even a little bit.", you say, a giggle escaping.

"Are you even real?So...you don't feel anything for me?"

"No ways!"

"Was I just a joke then?", he says gasping dramatically.

"Yep, definitely. Not serious at all."

He smiles shaking his head.

"Shame, I was gonna give you one of these.", he says pulling out a Twix bar from his pocket, knowing that it was your favorite.

"No ways!...how?... never mind, I'm not even going to ask how you got those. But I want it.", you said, standing on your tiptoes, trying to reach it but fail when he raises it a little more. God, he's so tall, you thought.

He laughs his little laugh that never seemed to change.

"Alright, alright.", he says. And he does something that you couldn't have predicted. He bent down on his knees, holding the Twix bar in both of his hands, tripping a little and steading himself as you giggle, attempting to help him. You could never with this man.

"Will you, y/n, make me yours forever, by accepting this bar of Twix, almost as amazing as you", he giggles.

Then his face gets serious, his eyes staring deep into you, continuing he says, "because you are the love of my life too. God, I cannot think of anything else when your eyes are on me."

Tears streak your eyes within seconds, before you can even stop fathom everything. And you nod and whisper- "yes", not even sure if Harry had heard it, but you knew that you had said it for yourself first.

Harry gets up. Entangling his hands in your hair, he connects your lips to his, fiercely. You can feel the softness of his lips and found what you were looking for all at once, surety. Him smiling through the kiss, everything seeming so surreal, yet here you were, with the person that made you the happiest you ever were.

He pulls away, only to envelope you tightly in his strong arms ,burying his nose in your neck as you hold him impossibly close. "I love you", you say, surely, feeling unstoppable.

"I love you too", he says, his voice sounds muffled in your hair but its everything you could ever ask for. His lips reach your ears, warming them with his deep breath. "Oh and one more thing.", he whispers. Goosebumps rise on your neck travelling down my spine. You feel so susceptible yet safety is ensured when his hands grip your hips steadying you. And he finishes finally joking-"not serious at all though".