Chapter 1

Flashback •

Beer bottles. 6 of them was on the wooden small table that sat center of the living room. Mom had just finished her 6th bottle after heading upstairs to rest her head. Her cigarette, still lit, was on the edge of the littered wooden table. I had planned to watch TV but knowing that my stomach was in my throat I figured that nothing will be on. It made me ill, to see Mom back in the same place she was  in just a couple of months ago, before, she promised she would quit. I remember it for not to long ago:

"Mom, please!" I chased her through the corners of the house, trying to persuade her to hold onto her promise for a beat longer. "Mom!" I angrily burst through the door trying to find her ruby red hair, a strand fled the corner. I picked up pace, finding her just in the middle of the hall. I ran to her level, dug my fingernails into her shoulder, and pulled her to face me. "Mom! This is not healthy" I ripped the current cigarette from her under-oxygenated wimpy hands. "For you and me!" She looked at me with sincere eyes, almost her eyes apologizing but her expression told me a different story.

"This is an addiction Storm! If you cannot deal then go!" Her harshful words stung me like a bee. I can't believe she said that. I have done nothing but helped, granted, I nagged at her like an annoying mesquito but it was for a good reason.

"Mom!" my voice was worn out, weary from the yelling. I was tired. Just tired of how she acted, it was a very tiring thing to put up with and she never understood of how much I do just for her. "Forget it" I rounded the corner, but her cold hands gripped my arm. 

"Storm . . . I promise I would stop drinking and smoking. Just do this one thing" her hands traced up my arms to my shoulder to cup my cheeks. She bowed her head so our foreheads touched. "Don't lose hope" she breathed. I would never, but it wasn't to true to speak them aloud. She told me she felt tired so she walked through the beat down doors to her room. With the cigarette in hand, I brought it to my lips. I took a drag, and a cloud of smoke appeared in front of my eyes. I wish it were true Mom, I wish it were true . . .  

Present Day •

Every had amazing news you don't know how to bear it?! That was me right now!

It was Jamie! My coworker/ best friend. Anyway, he came to my bed in the orphanage at woke me up, which took some time.

"What?!" my voice was muffled from the pillow hiding the half of my face. I drifted off to sleep but cool air spalshed on me waking me up whole. Jamie had my covers in his hands, I used my bare hands to try to cover my underwear up. Since they always keep the heater on at night, I only sleep in a bra panties, and a short T-shirt that covers my stomach. I tried to grab the covers from Jamie but he was too quick and managed to swipe it away. I could feel eyes digging  into me right now, but my main goal was to cover up. I had a nice body, but that didn't mean I had to exploit myself in plain sight. 

"Oh my gosh, give it back!" I whisper-shouted, he raked his eyes over my body, not missing a nip of skin. My cheeks glowed red, he had his lip stuck between his teeth that just sent shivers through me. This is like a raping, I should report this but he seemed really cute, of course I was cursed with shyness and could never tell him my true feelings. And for your information he was only 19 years old. 

"Alright here" he stretched his hand towards me but I swiped it away before he had second thoughts. He rested his weight on the edge of the bed, when I finished covering myself whole. He still had his lip between his teeth which made me annoyed with him. I gave him the 'Stop flirting with me' look, which was present on my face everytime he was around. My cheeks still glowed red, as he drew closer on the bed. 

"I have amazing news that we just found out today" he boasted, he gave me the shivers once again, but the good kind. Everytime he boasted I knew it was amzing news. 

"Alright spill" I prepared my ears for the yapping gossip that he always seemed to find out. But this time it was different.

"We found you a relative in London, he is your Uncle and is willing to treat you like his daughter he never wanted!" he squeled. I knew the other girls were being nosy and listeing but I never cared.

I couldn't breathe. My chest heaved up and down, my lungs were seriously shrinking as the seconds flew by. I was fighting for the air that never seemed to come. I felt hands place around my shoulders, giving me a little strength. I knew it was Jamie because he was missing from his spot on the bed. Finally some air squeezed its was into my lungs and I found myslef again. 

"Thanks" I breathed when I finally got some air. 

"Your welcome. I know it is very big news but you have 2 days to pack and say goodbye to your "friends" " he emphasized "friends" knowing that he was the only one. Part of me stings at the thought of having to leave Jamie behind, but I finally had family. I could break the chains that clung on to me for like 13 years. I rushed over to the rack with all the suitcases on them. 

STORM JENKS

I found in all bold letters, I grabbed the handles and rolled it towards my old bed. I'd have a new bed to sleep on, and dream all day. I'd have a new life and everything would be back to the way it was 13 years ago. Almost... halfway... perfect.