Chapter 6: The Blow of Reality

It is morning the girls are up early. "Hey where's Minie?" asks Sylvana. Joyce yawns and says "She told me she was going to the library for Charles yesterday." "Oh yeah totally forgot." says Sylvana and she gets out of her bed. "He's hiding something from me." says Michelle. 'Who what where?' asks Sylvana who doesn't understand. "Sam, he... there's something about him I can feel it but I don't know what and I've asked him but he says it's nothing and or isn't important. But why can't he just tell me?' "Guys." says Joyce. 'So typical again. Though I didn't expect it from Sam.' "That's right for him, I don't like this at all and I don't know what to do with it." says Michelle. Sylvana, who is rummaging through her closet for clothes, says she should leave it for now and see how it goes in the hopes that he will tell himself someday. "Yes, you have to trust him, I'm sure it will be all right." says Denise. Michelle sighs "If you say so." "By the way, you didn't go to see your father today?" asks Joyce. Michelle nods. "Just checking in to see how he's doing and for an explanation of what he does at The Dolan Company." "Yes, that's smart." laughs Joyce.

Shasmine is in the royal library looking for all kinds of books about her powers because maybe they can do something. She has already had all the medical books, but there was nothing in them. She gets a message from Chris that she has to come to the cafeteria. She reads another chapter and then goes there. So Chris is in the cafeteria and sitting at a table. He's waiting for Shasmine. "Hey, you're Chris, aren't you? The boy who helped me and my son.' Chris turns around. "Shasmine's aunt, wasn't it Nelle?" he asks and she nods. He stands up and says 'Your leg, looks good.' Nelle makes a round and says 'Yes hey, thanks to you and a lot of physiotherapy and don't say yes that's my job because it's much more than that. Thanks again. Here it is true that with the musketeers that everyone can be specialized in a task, you have the leader, the smart guy who helps with the plans and of course the doctor who knows many medical things. Why don't you specialize in that, you really have to do that, you're good at it.' Chris smiles 'I love doing it and thank you I'm thinking about it, you're so many who say it. But what are you actually doing here?' Nelle shows some papers 'I'm going to start a daycare and I had to give some more papers to the king.' "Ah okay Good luck!!" shouts Chris. 'Thanks, come by soon and say hello to Shasmine!!' she calls back. 'I will.' Chris says and she walks away.

Shasmine arrives at him 'if I was tall enough to get to your face I would have let you guess who I was.' she says. Chris laughs 'Can I now too...uhm you happen to be Minie. Not because you're small, but because I recognize that voice very well.' Shasmine laughs and stands in front of him. "Was that my aunt?" she asks. "Yupp you get her regards, she had to hand in some papers to Charles or Corinne or whoever is ruling now." Chris says and he walks away. "Ahhh." says Shasmine and she sits down. "So why did I have to come?" she asks. He returns with a bowl in his hands. "Because you also have to have breakfast, have you already done that?" asks Chris. Shasmine is startled because she forgot. "Yeah, pretty much." she mumbles. "Okay I forgot, I was just so busy." 'I see, I really do. But eat something here.' he says and he slides the bowl towards her. 'What is this?' she asks. 'Yogurt.' says Chris. Shasmine starts eating and she loves it. Chris keeps looking at her but Shasmine doesn't really notice. 'This was nice. But Matt made you do this?' she then asks. Chris starts laughing out loud 'No not this time.' Then she thinks it's good because it comes from him. 'I don't really have anything to do today, what do you say? Would I help you?' he says. Shasmine of course wants to spend as much time with him as possible because yes it is Christian!! "Sure, I'm fine with it, but we're not going to do this all the time because I'm going to get obsessed with it. I need to know my limits..." and I'll help you with that.' Chris interrupts her. 'Why don't you play your song later, it's finished, isn't it?' she asks. Chris swallows 'Uhm yes, that's possible, but don't expect too much from it.' 'It must be beautiful, I'm sure. Shall we go?' she asks. And he nods.

Mr. Dolan is working in his office until Cor Michelle's father walks into his office. 'Mr Bolck, I just needed you. You come when called. Here please.' Richard hands a folder to Cor. "This is your new business, I say success." Cor remains silent, he puts the folder on his desk and says 'Sorry, but I'm not taking part in this anymore, I think it's enough. I can not take this anymore.' Richard sits down and then asks what he means. "I think I'm going to lose myself if I keep doing these kinds of jobs. Remember we can't all be you.' says Cor doubtfully. "Shame, it's a shame but it's good if you want to stop I think it's fine but also think of the other things that will stop such as: your wages, the money, the certainty of your safety and so many things that come with this work. I'd say think about it carefully. I want to hear your decision in a week. Until then you don't have to do anything for me anymore.' says Richard, leaning back in his chair.