chapter 1 - cold night with warm girls

Adele's POV:

I look around shivering.

I slip my clothes back on. Stepfather walks me out the room. Hand on my ass. Like normal.

I walk past mum and she smirks at me. Like normal.

I get shoved in my room. Door locked. I am left there.

I hear them go to bed. I know when they are asleep. When I am certain. I grab my bag and sneak out. I run all the way to a building which I can hear people in.

I run in. I find myself in a corridor. I open a door and three people are in there chatting and taking makeup off.

They turn as they hear the creek of the door. I look nervously at them. One of them. The one with darker skin walks over gently, "Hey, are you ok honey?" She asks gently, crouching down to my height. I shake my head, "Please save me. I don't want to go back." I whisper shyly, but desperately. The girl nods, "It's ok. We will see what we can do. What's your name and how old are you?" She asks. "Um, I'm Adele and I've just turned 9 yesterday." She nods, "Hey Adele, I'm Courtney, that's Vicki." She points to the blonde one with sunglasses on, "And that is Collette." She points to the tall one with brown hair. I smile shyly and wave at them.

They wave back. Courtney smiles gently, "Could you tell me why you ran away Adele?" She asks gently, "It just gives us the info we need to do something for you." I nod and take a breath. "Stepfather touches me and I don't like it. Mum lets him. She knows. He does stuff and it hurts and I hate it. I am locked in my room with hardly any food and I only am allowed out when stepfather touches me and takes me to his room. It hurts and I don't want it." I say before bursting into tears. Courtney gently wraps her arms round me and I sob into her shoulder.

Soon I hear Vicki on the phone to the police. I am sat on Courtney's lap and I am having a conversation in sign with Collette.

She is telling me that her and the other two are in a band, but are also actresses. She explained their jobs and what they do.

Then the police walk in. I curl into Courtney more.

I have to make a statement so I sign to Collette and Collette translates.

They say I can go home with the three girls and then see about further arrangements tomorrow.

The flat they share is within walking distance from the theatre they are in so we walk there. Well, I sit on Courtney's hip, cuddling her.

Courtney starts cooking dinner so I talk with Collette and Vicki.

Vicki's phone starts buzzing. It's a call.

She picks up and then explains to some people that they are looking after me for tonight. I wonder who the girls are. They seem eager to meet me.

Vicki looks to me for confirmation. I nod and then snuggle up on Collette's lap and talk to them. They are loud. Very loud. They introduce themselves. I say hi shyly. We talk for a while and then I hear barking. "Is that a dog I can hear?" I ask shyly. The woman with pink hair, I think she is called Aimie, answers, "Yh. I have 3. Wolfie, Magic, and Roxie. Dya want me to show you them." I nod shyly.

She then turns the camera on to the 3 dogs. The black one (Magic) is so adorable and fluffy, I love her. I love them all, but she is adorable!!

Then Courtney calls us for dinner and we end the call.

I sit at the table and look at the plateful, "Is this all for me?" I ask curiously. Courtney nods, "Yes, it is. Just eat what you can manage." I nod and eat it slowly. It is lovely. It is some chips and some fish and some salad. It is very yummy!!

Then when we are finished that, they even serve me some vanilla ice cream!!

When I'm full they let me go and brush my teeth, go to the loo and get into some PJ's. They left some on the sofa for me. I then wash my face.

They have made the sofa into a cozy little bed. I smile at the sight of a proper bed that I'm not going to be touched in. I clamber in. They hug me gently, kiss me on the head.

They then walk out, turning the room light off, but leaving the hall light on so I can see where I am going if I need to get  to the bathroom.

I snuggle down and fall asleep, smiling at the events of the evening, the girls are lovely. I hope I get to stay here. Vicki, Courtney, and Collette are really kind and they seem to genuinely care.

Last new book of the night.

As always, cover is by the amazing lex!!!