Chapter 2 - A new reality

Adele's POV:

I'm running as fast as I can…..it hurts to breathe. That's how fast I'm running…..he still catches me.

I wake up and scream before bursting
into tears.

Collette runs in with Vicki and Courtney behind her.

They then stop and approach me slowly. Collette signs quickly 'Nightmare?"

I nod, 'Stepfather was chasing me and he got me.' I sign, 'Sorry for waking you up.'

'It's ok, your stepfather isn't here. I promise. And don't apologize, it's ok.'

I nod and cuddle back down to sleep.

Vicki's POV:

When we walk out the room, Collette explains to us what Adele said, but quietly. I sigh, "That's dreadful. I don't want to let her just go to any orphanage." Courtney and Collette agree with me. I have a think, "Why don't we adopt her?" I ask, "Could we do that?" I say, Courtney nods, "There are three of us, I think we could manage, plus we got the girls at work that would be happy to help if needed." She pointed out. Me and Collette nod, "True. Collette, you can sign, so communication, Courtney, You are very gentle, and she seems to trust you." I say. Collette nods, "And you, Vix, are the comedy relief." I sigh, "I am actually the cool auntie." I laugh quietly. Courtney smiles, "You are gunna be the one that spoils her all the time. You are a sucker for a child, and we all know that." She points out cheekily. I slap her arm playfully, "Be quietttttt." I joke. Collette rolls her eyes at the pair of us, "Well it's now 5:30. We planning to get up in half an hour anyway, why don't we all shower, then change. One of us pop to the shops for some ingredients for pancakes. Then wait for her to wake up, and then we can make her breakfast. After breakfast, we can ask her if she wants to stay with us, and then if she does, we can call the police and see what we can do about it." Me and Courtney nod in agreement, "Sounds good!"

I hop in the shower first and change quickly.

Courtney then gives me a list of ingredients and shopping to grab from Tesco.

I leave for Tesco, grab the bits and whizz back. Courtney is in the shower so I put them in the kitchen, sneaking through the sitting room where Adele was sound asleep. I successfully get back to my room without waking up Adele and then wait for Coco and Courts to be ready. It doesn't take long so we are all chatting in my room when we hear her walking around. Courtney smiles, "We are in here Adele!" She says loud enough to be heard, but not too loud so Adele gets scared.

Adele walks into my room cautiously, We smile at her. "Dya want me to run a bath for you? Then we can have breakfast?" Collette asks. Adele nods then signs some stuff, Collette nods, "Yeah of course! Go to the toilet, then I'll run the bath." Adele nods and scampers off.

Me and Courts turn to Collette in sync. "She wanted to know if someone could run the bath and she wants you to stay with her while she is in the bath, Vix." I feel shocked, "Me?" Collette nods, "Yeah, apparently I'm too tall." She joked. I roll my eyes, "Ok!" I smile. I was scared I'd sorta be left out, Collette could communicate with her when she was mute, Courts seemed to bond with her instantly and I was kinda just there.

I walk with Collette to the bathroom. She runs the bath then leaves me with Adele.

Adele smiles, and gestures at me to lift her in. I nod and pick her up carefully and gently set her in the water. She smiles up at me, and I smile back. She splashes me gently. I laugh and splash her gently back. This was a silly idea, it kinda started a splashing war. Let's just say Collette wasn't happy. We take it in turns to clean the flat, it was Collette's week this week.

Once Adele is washed, I lift her out, dry her. I hand her some clothes to change into, she gets into them clumsily. I would expect her to be able to dress herself by now. I obviously don't say that to her, but I make a mental note to myself to tell the other girls when I have a second.

When she is dressed, I take her to the kitchen, "Pancakes alright?" I ask her. She nods enthusiastically. Courtney makes us all wash our hands, then she serves us the pancakes. Courtney's pancakes are THE BEST pancakes ever. We all dig in eagerly.

Adele finishes, then turns to Collette, does some signing, Coco nods, "Sure!" She gets up, grabs a cup, then fills it with water. Adele smiles and takes it when Collette offers it to her. She drinks it eagerly. I smile.

Courtney smiles, "Hey, so we have a question for you Adele…" she says carefully. Adele turns to her. "Would you like to be adopted by us, and live with us?" She asked. Adele nodded excitedly and flew at Courtney and hugged her. Me and Coco laugh and join the hug.

After the huge hug, we call the police and get the go ahead.

We all head to the police station, sign some documents and Adele is ours.

When we get back home, we decide that it would be a good idea for her to meet the other girls. Especially as she would be there most days.

We all eat.

We then let her explore the flat before we head out. Her eyes light up at my guitar and my drawing station. I smile, "You like colouring, drawing, and guitars." She nods, then does the gesture that you do in charades for singing, "And singing?" I ask. She nods. "Maybe tomorrow we can do some then." I offer. She smiles and attacks me with a hug. I laugh and hug her back, "No problem Elle." I say, giving her a nickname without realising. She then drags me to the other two girls, signs something to Collette, "She wants us to call her Elle." She explains, I nod, smiling, "Sure!" Me and Courts agree.

We then grab our show stuff and walk to The Arts Theatre. I hold one of her hands, Courtney holds the other.

When we get there, most of the girls are already there.

Elle shrunk into my side. I picked her up and held her close. Courts then smiled, "Ok don't get too close and don't be too loud, oh and don't overload her." She said to the girls.

Adele's POV:

I see the woman with pink hair and wave shyly at her. She waves back, "Hey. I got Magic if ya wanna see her." She says. I look to Vicki for permission. She nods, so I climb down and walk over to the pink-haired lady. She smiles, and leads me gently to her dog called Magic. I pet her gently. She licks me in the face and I giggle. I then stroke her soft fluffy fur.

Collette then walks into the room, "Hey, dya want to stay here? I can bring the girls in a couple at a time for you to meet." I nod. She smiles, "Well that is Aimie." She says pointing at Aimie (A). I nod and wave.

She then introduces me to Nat (blondie), Maiya (May), Shakinah (Shaks), Millie (Mills), Lexi (Lex), Jaye'J (Jay), and Grace (Gray). I wave shyly at them. They then disappear, so it's just me, A, Nat, May, Collette, and Shaks in the dressing room.

A.N. in brackets is what Adele calls them.

They get ready for the show. They perform soon after. Then we go home. Collette has to stay and sign stuff because she performed tho.

When we get home I go to bed on the sofa again. I think we may have to move because there isn't enough room here, but I'm not sure. Either way I have had a great day! I'm so happy Collette, Courts, and Vix are gunna be my parents now!