86-Cute

After ending her call with Gu Yu Cheng, Su Rui teased her son, "Son, I have good news for you. Daddy will be home late today."

Today is Friday. Usually, Gu Yu Cheng would come home a little early on Friday afternoon unless there were any exceptional circumstances.

Gu Yu Cheng just called to inform her that he is meeting Tang Jun and Zhou Zi Yuan for drinks at the club where they often met. He said that he would not be home for dinner and that he would be back later in the evening.

In a marriage, Su Rui always feels that even if two people are married, they still need to have some personal space.

Hence, Su Rui only reminded him not to drink too much and not get drunk when she received a call from Gu Yu Cheng.

Other than that, she didn't say anything else.

As for the phrase 'good news,' it was entirely directed at Gu An An.

Recently, Gu Yu Cheng acted as a strict father to his son.

After being punished a few times by his father for being naughty, Gu An An always seemed so meek in front of Gu Yu Cheng.

However, this little boy was rebellious, just as the teacher at the child's centre had analyzed.

After being punished by his father a few times, Gu An An appeared to have learnt to behave. But, in reality, he became increasingly resilient.

For example, during this period, Gu An An had been hiding toys in his dad's shoes, picking out his dad's shirts, making a mess, and deliberately climbing up to his dad's feet to fart or pee while Gu Yu Cheng was working.

When Gu Yu Cheng catches him, Gu An An immediately acts cute and acts like he knows his mistakes.

In the end, he happily receives a new series of punishments.

Su Rui couldn't understand the meaning behind Gu An An's "suicidal" mischief that caused him to enjoy it so much, never get tired from it and become braver the more he did it.

Just ten minutes ago, while she wasn't paying attention, Gu Yu Cheng's tie had been wrecked by his son again.

However, Su Rui only said it as a joke, but she didn't expect her son to laugh gleefully upon hearing what she said.

Did he really think that he wouldn't be punished because his father would be late today? Su Rui muttered inwardly as she cast a glance at Gu An An, who was beaming.

Su Rui smiled and gently pinched son's chubby face and said, "Look at how cocky you are when your dad isn't coming back."

In fact, Gu An An didn't even understand the meaning of what Su Rui just said.

Gu An An only smiled because he saw his mother smiling.

"Then let me tell you another good news. Your godmother is coming over later. Let's go shopping together, okay?" Su Rui said softly.

Gu An An especially liked Tang Xiao.

Therefore, Gu An An was thrilled once she heard Su Rui say the word "godmother."

He danced for joy on the bed.

When Su Rui saw this, Su Rui laughed.

"Come, let's start by giving you a handsome makeover."

After Su Rui dressed Gu An An, it wasn't long before Tang Xiao arrived with a big bag of toys.

Su Rui joked as she looked at Tang Xiao, "Dare I say you, his godmother, rely on 'sugar-coated bullets'[1] to solidify his heart?"