Chapter Five: Friends

Author's PoV :

"Oh, so that's why you ran away." Chaeyoung nodded thoughtfully, sitting on a counter chair as she watched Lisa washing the dishes they had just eaten in.

"Damn, I always thought princess were full of attitude and ego, but look at you, it doesn't even feel like you're a princess. I mean you're so kind and generous, unlike the ones I've met before. I wish they were all like you too" She chuckled.

"A princess's attitude depends on how she's raised. I wasn't raised to be mean and rude and think of myself higher than the others just because I was a royal. I remember I once went and explored the kingdom, but that was the first and last time I had done so." Lisa sighed, turning to her.

"I sometimes wish I never grew up at all, because I've been trapped in the castle ever since. I know I was born with a spoon of gold and all that stuff, but as I grew up and started understanding everything, I didn't like it at all," Chaeyoung furrowed her brows at her words.

"Sure, balls and tea parties are fun; but you have a reputation to keep for that, you have to pretend to be someone you're not" Lisa fiddled with her fingers, making Chaeyoung interested in the conversation more than ever.

The truth was, Chaeyoung never actually cared about all this royalty stuff even though she knew someone who was a royal but had just thrown away his throne because he didn't want to live that way.

But now that she had found out that Lisa was a princess, she was thinking if she could also try to convince him to return to his castle and apologize to his parents for what he did. 

And upon watching Lisa sitting there quietly thinking about the right words to explain her thoughts to her newest friend, Chaeyoung figured out she could use Lisa's help in that.

"What I mean is, you can't be yourself like that. You have to let go of your dreams, you have to do what you're told to do, you have to sacrifice your own happiness for others. It's not very nice, I've seen that happen right in front of my eyes" Lisa let a lone tear roll down her cheek.

"We lost our mother while trying to save the kingdom from great loss," 

Chaeyoung felt bad for watching her holding back her tears, but Lisa couldn't care less about the fact that it broke her all over again.

She didn't care that she was starting to dislike her own family and blame them for everything that happened, because it was the truth that Namjoon and her Father always put their people first instead of their happiness, instead of what they wanted, they listened to what the people wanted them to do. 

And for Lisa, that wasn't fair, because they both deserved to make their own decisions about their lives instead of letting others do it for them.

"Now, I was getting forced to let go of my happiness just to save the kingdom again. I know I sound selfish, but I'm only human, I want to be happy too. I never asked for this life, I never wanted to be a royal. It just sounds good in fairytales, not in reality." She finished as she looked away.

They fell silent afterwards, Lisa not wanting to say something and Chaeyoung not knowing what to say. 

She glanced at the raven, fighting with her inner self to not ask the question. But from what she could see, Lisa had become cold about the topic instead of letting it break her, and so, she figured the girl would answer it anyway.

"So . . you don't want to go back?"

"No. After all these years I've gotten the chance to leave that place, and I'm not going to waste it by going back just because they need me." Lisa replied coldly.