Chapter 10

Last night was a disaster. After getting home I went straight into the kitchen to prepare dinner. It was almost like a reflex and what made it worse was the fact that Mark was home. For the entire time, he barely said anything much to me which creeped me out. After dinner, I went and have a shower. I even closed the door because of what happened the last time; I don't think I ever want to experience that again. I grabbed my favorite soap, lathered my washcloth, and get to scrubbing. I decided to wash my hair as well. After a few minutes, I got out of the shower went to my closet to get dress. I grabbed my bottle of coconut body butter and massaged it into my skin. The aroma and feel of rubbing it all over me slowly relaxed my muscles. With that, I started remembering how Justin eats me out really good, and how good his hands and lips felt all over my body. A moan escaped my lips and when I opened my eyes, I realized that Mark was standing in the doorway watching me.

"You seem to be thinking about something just now," he said while he leaned up against the wall with his arms crossed. I quickly pulled my pajamas over my head and pull my underwear up.

"It's nothing," "I was simply thinking," I said to him while I sat down. He stood there for a minute before he walked up to me. He put his hands around my throat and squeezed slowly.

"Mark!" I called out his name while gripping his hands.

"I love you so much Kay," "You are one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen," Mark said to me while he slowly bent his head and kissed me. I was a little hesitant at first because I honestly have no clue where this is going. So, I just sat there and let him embrace me. He then slowly straightened up and walked to the shower.

"Get dress, we're heading out," Mark said.

"We just had dinner Mark," "I don't understand why we are heading out now," I said to him while still sitting down. He stopped walking and turned his head to the side.

"I wasn't asking Karla," "I said get dress," with that he headed towards the shower. I sat there for a few minutes until I heard the shower turn on. I hurry and took out the phone Kevin gave me.

"Mark is bringing me out and I don't know where we are heading," I sent him a text.

I went and took out a pair of black skinny jeans and a pink crop top and top it off with pink heels. Getting dressed I saw the phone screen light up with a text from Kevin.

"Carry this phone with you and if you feel like you are in danger, call" his text read.

"Okay," I text back.

I dropped the phone in my handbag and started on my hair. Seeing I had just washed it I decided to leave it in an afro and applied some light makeup. I was just about to walk out of the closet when Mark came in view.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

He walked away no doubt to get dress himself. I went down to wait on him. A few minutes later he came down and took up his keys. He was dressed in black jeans and a black plaid button-up shirt. We both headed out and hopped into his car. He drove out and headed down the street. We drove for a little bit before we reached a stoplight and all while I could feel his eyes piercing me. I reached over and turned on the stereo so I can calm myself. Eminem ft. Rihanna Monster came on and I started singing slowly. We ended up outside a club called X-rated on Oliver Avenue. He hopped out and I hurried up and sent Kevin a text message telling him where I was.

We walked up to the security and he let us in, based on how Mark was walking I'd say he's been here before. We walked up the stairs and found a table. Inside was packed; people were on the dance floor grinding on each other. The smell of alcohol, body sweat, and smoke was rooted in this place.

"Do you plan on ignoring me for the entire night?" Mark asked me.

"No honey," "I'm just a little surprised you wanted to go out on a Monday night," I said to him.

"And a club at that," I waved my hand in the air gesturing to the patrons. He leaned in closer and kissed me on the cheek.

"Well, we've not been out in a while so I thought why not," he said. At the same time, a waitress came to get our order. Mark ordered for both of us even though I tried protesting that I didn't want to drink tonight. But that went over his head because he ordered anyways.

"We are at a fucking club Karla, so act like it," he whispered.

After a few seconds our drinks were on the table and Mark slid mine towards me, I looked up and he was daring me to object. I took it up and swallowed a mouthful, the liquor burned my throat going down and I knew he was trying to get me drunk. A few more glasses and I were definitely a few shots to not being able to walk. He took my hand and led me to the dancefloor and we started dancing. As much as how I didn't want to, the alcohol and his persistence were not making it easy. Mark started grabbing my ass cheek and squeezing it and whining at me. I wrapped my hands around his neck because the room started spinning. He kissed my neck and started moaning and I knew he was horny.

"Mark, I don't feel well," I said to him.

"We are just getting started Karla," he hissed.

The next thing I knew another glass of shot was given to me and Mark helped me put it at my head. A few minutes later and I blacked out. The next thing I knew was waking up to Mark undressing me. I tried pulling away from him but because of how intoxicated I was and with him overpowering me it proved to be difficult. But something didn't feel right. We went to the club on a full stomach not to mention we were dancing; it takes a lot for me to be this drunk.

"Mark what did you do?" I asked him still trying to fight him off.

"Well, I only gave you something to loosen up," he said. And that's when it hit me, the bastard drugged me. My head was spinning and I felt like I was about to throw up. I looked up at him and he continued to undress us both. I was lying down in just my thong and this brought back memories.

"Fuck, you are beautiful," Mark commented while ripping my thong off.

"Mark, please," "Don't," I pleaded with him and started crying. He gripped my hands and places them over my head, he then started kissing me and I tried really hard not to let him. Next thing I knew I got a slap to the face.

"Don't fuck with me Karla," "I don't want to bruise you up like the last time," he said.

So, I just lay there, with the tears and agony of being raped, corrupted all over again. I think I passed out halfway through it because when I woke up, he was walking out of the bathroom wet like he just showered. I slowly got up, took up my bag, and stumbled to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and slide down to the floor crying and in pain. I took out the phone and realized I had gotten a text from Kevin. But I didn't reply, what was I supposed to say? That my husband raped me again? That I was drugged? I walked over to the mirror and looked at the reflection. I had bruises all over me and I felt sick to my stomach. I ran over to the toilet and throw up everything I had since night. I took up my bag from where I dropped it on the floor and went into the closet; I decided to put back the cellphone. I walked out and went into the shower. I turned it on and started scrubbing myself as hard as I can. I don't know how long I was in the shower for but when I got out and look at the clock it was 3 am in the morning. I quickly got dressed and walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. Mark was in bed asleep so I decided to go downstairs; with what he did I had no intention of sleeping next to him. I sat down on the sofa with my head held down and tears flowing.

"I need a way out," I whispered. I lie down and curl up and close my eyes.