the singular chapter

Zenitzu sits at the bar chair, sighing after a long day of doing absolutely nothing. he usually doesn't come here, but today his friend Tanjiro forced him to get out of his room.

Zenitzu's mental health had been declining after Tanjiro's little sister Nezuko became sick with FFI(fatal familial insomnia), and has had to stay in a hospital because of her late diagnosis.

Without regards to that, he asked for a drink and put his head against the bar counter.

maybe I should just leave

yeah, there's no need to be here

"hey are you okay?" a voice called from behind the counter. there was a woman, a hot one standing behind the counter, holding his drink with a worried look.

"heh, i guess so." Zenitzu replied, taking the drink and holding it by his fingertips. He swirled the cup in a circular motion as he rested his chin on his palm. he looked up at her deep brown eyes, and put his drink down, the ice breaking. he finished his drink, and sat at the bar for hours, his arms crossed on the table serving as a pillow for his heads full of thoughts. soon, he was the last customer there.

"so are you gonna leave or what" she asked

"nah i'll stay here for a bit." he said flatly.

"well i guess since your stopping me from closing we might as well get acquainted." she said, slight annoyance in her tone. "i'm Cece."