first greetings

"Hey, are you okay?"

That was the sentence that changed their fate. It was those specific words that started a life-long friendship, or what the two mortals had originally thought was lifelong. Perhaps it was supposed to be long, or merely coincidental. Until something changed -- but why worry about the future, when you can just focus on the present? At least, that's what one thought.

"Yeah, y-yeah, I guess so." She stuttered, regretting her previous words and cut-off tone that had spluttered out of her mouth. "I mean, I'm fine, thanks." Mei nervously giggled off the unnatural fluttering sensation that appeared to encase her stomach -- whatever was in there, it could wait till later. She could wait til later to worry about it. That was her supposed motto, after all, but usually in situations like this, those rules didn't apply. When you see a p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶  kind-looking male with soft hair sprawled in a ponytail and honest eyes wielding a gigantic sword on his back that looks like (even with his softness) he could knock through a thousand bricks, yes, those don't matter at all.

"Are you sure?" He spoke in a polite and quiet, reserved manner. His caring eyes glued into hers, layered with blood red and a sparkle the mere being had never seen before. He was definitely different. His hair rocked a pale, beige tone, except for the gloomy red stripe identical to his specks that enveloped his right fluff. Heavy bangs protected his vulnerable forehead, small eyebrows barely peaking through the gaps where no locks were present. He was of a fine stature - seeming to look as if he had worked out more than a few times through his lifetime. Noticing she was staring too much and was without a reply, she quickly composed herself and tried to hide the slight tint of her cheeks. "I'm fine, don't worry." Mei rockabilly assured, taking his gentle hand to guide her off of the dirty grass. She was never a good liar, being told this all throughout her childhood when she had tried again and again to get out of something or to protect something. With the many hints he was showing (like the huge sword on his back), she could tell he was definitely not a gullible person, not even in the slightest, yet his next words surprised her greatly. "Be careful now, nature never halts. You may fret, and the wind will suddenly grasp you in its hands." Maintaining eye contact was a virtue, at least in Kazuha's eyes. But to Mei, it makes her feel more nervous and tense, occasionally flustered depending on the situation. Throwing a soft smile towards Kazuha, one genuine seeking the crinkle of the eyes and nose, she spoke. "Thank you. You're quite the poet." He laughed at that, offering a quick shake of a hand. "You think? I just like to be in tune with everything."

"I definitely think! Y'know, I'm quite the writer myself as well." Mei told. Instantly, Kazuha's facial expressions changed to one of both delight and surprise, obviously enjoying the information she had trusted him with. "Really? That's breathtaking." He gasped. Somehow, even his gasp was elegant. "Obviously not to the extent as you, but it's quite a hobby of mine." She added, running a hand delicately through her woven, chocolate hair as shivers suddenly poked up and through her spine. "Hey! Don't put yourself down like that, I'm sure you're great. Most likely better than me I assume, mostly by your talent in many areas." Bringing his hands back up to wave them around much more, he emphasized his point. "Please, you're too kind." She awed, mouth agape.

It confused her how easily she got along with someone she had recently met. Simply, they had encountered each other on an island, yet it was already 5 hours past the time she started speaking to him. "Would you mind going on a walk through Inazuma City? I can show you around." He presented, assuming she was an out-lander typically from her unusual sense of fashion. "Are you sure? I mean, I would love to, but I don't want to take time from your day. I'm sure you've got more important matters to attend too." Mei suddenly piped up. Her hands intertwined in front of her figure, left foot further than the right. His smile grew wider at her kindness and empathy. Normally his o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ex friends would just leave as soon as he tried to arrange plans. "In fact, I'm quite free!" Reaching forward a metre or two, he excitedly gripped onto her calloused fingers and intertwined them, turning towards the gleaming lights barely in view and pulling her shorter figure towards him. His pace took on swift. "Now come on, we've got shops to see!"