Chapter-18

- that is not good -

happy reading//edited.

If we run away from reality, we ain't going nowhere. You'll still be under the blue sky which is meant to be dark after a bright day. Where sun sets and moon comes up, millions of stars just lit the dark sky and waves on the shore comes and go, comes and go. You think your life's messed up? No, it's just a bad day not a bad life. To solve the jigsaw puzzle, we put the pieces together patiently. Not everything happens instantly. Good things do take time. Eventually, you'll find the reason behind everything and your past is the living proof of that.

So, when tonight the moon comes up just wish for a bright upcoming day and when it goes down, ask the sun for a silent night. When your heart desires for it's freedom in solace, you have to provide it. You choose people, who should stay beside you and who should stay the farthest. And when you align people the way you want them in your life at a particular time, no one is allowed to call your life, a mess, not even you yourself.

'Cause when you choose yourself over others, it's the purest form of love you'll ever have. You have come a long way, my friend, and quite a long way more to go. 

To love is to feel, and to feel is to fear. Fear of hurt. Fear of rejection. Fear of opinions. But you know what sets these thought on silence? The other part of you which is ready to get hurt, to get rejected, to get judged. Because your heart knows it.

 "What are you writing there?" a familiar voice asked.

"Nothing you should worry about." I retorted.

"Oh! Someone's in a bad mood today?" Kyra asked, coming inside my room as she stood beside me at the edge of the bed.

It's crazy how fast it was Saturday and I have to go out with her. My nights were probably not  good as I am still mentally reliving the Thursday night. I, really, need a break and therefore, I welcome today with open arms.

"Leave that. Tell me how have you been? It's been so long." I said to divert the conversation from the previous topic. 

And she being she, easily get distracted.

Or so I thought.

"We will definitely talk about this. And I am good but now come downstairs. Mum is ready to go." She dragged me down to living room but not before narrowing her eyes at me.

I huffed. As I walked through the stairs I adjusted my clothes and smoothened the crease on my shirt.  When we were finally in the living room, she let go of me and I sighed in relief. I greeted my aunt and within five minutes we were already on our way to the mall.

"Girls don't go too far okay? I'll be in here. Come find me when you are done." Aunt Mia told us while pointing to Pantaloons. We both nodded eagerly and left her with a goodbye.

...

It's been two hours since we are here and our arms are already full with the bags we are carrying. That's what happens when you go shopping with your cousin after a very long time.

"Should we eat something?" Kyra asks after a moment of us walking randomly in halls.

"Of course dude, what the heck?" I replied and before she could reply I pulled her with me to the cafeteria.

We ordered pizzas and while we waited, we talked about nothing and everything. 

"So is there something interesting going on in your life?" she asks me after a beat, wiggling her eyebrows and smirking.

"Not even it's 'I'. And how are you and your black heart?" 

Her smirk dropped and she started smiling. "Well we erm kind of uh talked?"

She answers which comes out more as a question.

I raised one of my eyebrows. "Spill."

"It was nothing much but he knew me already and we exchanged greetings and names. He is kind of boring too. I mean who writes poems these days? He says he does and has recently won some kind of championship. He is so funny and made me a laugh the whole time. He is too good, Aarna. I think I am already in love" As she speaks, I swear, you could see the heart eyes forming. She, suddenly, fell into her daydreams.

"Oh c'mon, please tell me his name. Just a name is all I am asking. He sound perfect." I pleaded, my lips in a pout.

"Oh no shoo go away." She laughed and ushered me out.

Soon we were heading back downstairs to catch up with Aunt Mia. I was still asking her about his name and she was still ignoring it.

"Tellllll meeeee." I whined and gave her a slight shove which made her bags fall down. I was laughing too hard to help her but soon I stopped as a huge grin covered my face.

Aarav was making his way towards me and I waved him which he returned. He was, soon, standing in front of me. Aavya was still picking up the contents of his bag.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Weren't you going to read all day?" I teased him. 

"Hello, my favourite girl! And plans changed. Who's this by the way?" He replied, grinning and pointed towards Kyra who had his back to us.

"Huh I am done. Let's g-" Kyra said coming forward but stopped mid-sentence, looking Aarav up and down.

"Oh yes. This is-" But I didn't get to complete. 

"Aarav." Kyra stated.

"Kyra?" Aarav asked perplexed.

But sometimes heart doesn't know where it is leading you. And till the time you come to your senses, it is too late.

. . .

I, finally, updated yes. I am really cutting down the story so it can be completed within five to seven chapters maximum. This chapter was not good at all, I know that. I am just trying to get over with this now so I can start with new ones.

-M.

(1010 words)

. . .