Prologue

Celestia

I looked at the calm waves and internalize the emotions I felt from the distant past. A memory that seems to haunt me even in my sleep.

I have always felt suffocated. Suffocated of everything.

When was the last time I ever felt normal? I sighed and got a handful of sand on my palms.

I like the beach. It makes me feel nostalgic. It brings me back to the days where I have always felt happier. More carefree.

I remember during my 8th birthday, I asked my mom and dad to bring me to the beach. The 3-hour drive was fun. We sang our favorite tunes. We even played I spy and by the time that we arrived at the beach there was this fair and there were a lot of people. I remember asking my father to ride bump cars with me while my mom took pictures. My mom even bought me strawberry ice cream with real strawberry toppings and damn, they were fucking good.

The perfect childhood memory. I smiled bitterly.

I stood up and cleaned the back part of my dress and walked along the seashore. This was that beach. Such a beautiful beach then, but people seem to forget the beauty of the ones they love. Thus, this beach has now become abandoned. Forgotten. A distant memory.

My feet brought me to where I am supposed to be. It brought me above a cliff, overlooking the sea. Overlooking serenity.

I closed my eyes and smiled. Maybe being a distant memory is not that bad. They'll have something to remember me by when I am no longer around.