Chapter Fourteen.

Esther's POV

He thought i was beautiful?

I've never heard such sincerity in his tone before. It makes my heart swell.

Here I am staring at Josh Carson driving me to his home, so we can hang out.

Is this reality? Am I dreaming?

Possibly. If I am, I never ever want to wake up.

Josh looks over at me with a small smile and says "I live just up this street."

We turn down Elm street and my heart stops for a second.

So he knows about Emilio. He has to, right? Does he think it's my fault too?

"Hey, everything okay?" Josh says as he parks in front of a small blue home.

I bite my lip and nod slowly. Josh reaches over and his thumb slightly pulls my lip out of my teeth.

I smile and he opens the door, plus mine.

What a gentleman.

"You live alone?" I ask as we step inside. Josh put his key down on the table by his front door and said "No i live with my dad, but he travels. He's never here. Thank god."

"You and your father don't get along?" I say it more like a statement.

"Is it noticeable, c'mon." He says with an angered look. Maybe it was wrong to bring it up, but I wanted to know him.

I follow him into the kitchen and he surprises me when he wraps an arm around my waist, dragging him against me.

I look up at him through my lashes and he pecks my lips. I melt in his large hold.

Never in a million years did I think I would feel this way towards Josh.

A squeal leaves my lips as he sets me onto the counter. My hand traces over his jawline and he leans into my touch.

"About my father. You're right. We don't get along. I don't think we ever will." He looks pained to say the last part.

I stay quiet and just stare at him.

"When I was thirteen he cheated on my mom. I mean he was a good dad and all of a sudden he decided a woman was worth leaving us." He says and grabs my hand holding it against my chest.

I quietly say "I'm sorry." Josh nods and I say "Your mother. How is she?"

He sucks in a breath and says "She's dead. Two years ago she died from leukemia."

My heart dropped and I wished I never asked.

I hugged him hard and tears welled up in my eyes. Losing someone you love is the worst thing to ever happen.

"I'm sure she was a strong woman." I say and he pulls away.

"She was." He says and we stay quiet for a minute.

"Want to see my bedroom? Wow that sounds perverted." He said and I laughed harder than I've ever laughed before.

He rolls his eyes and I wipe the tears from my eyes, from laughing so hard.

"C'mon." He says helping me off the counter and up we went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Stop! She just blew you off?" I say in surprise.

Josh lays back on his bed and said "Yup and in front of the whole tenth grade class. I mean i'm not used to rejection."

I roll my eyes and he smirks. I shove him a bit, but he grabs me and puts me right on top of him.

Blush coats my cheeks. I've never been in such a position before. Josh's hand brushes over my hot cheeks and he says "I like when you blush."

Should I kiss him?

I lean forward and finally meet his lips. He grabs my waist tightly and I dig my hips downwards without even noticing.

What is happening?

His hand roams down my back and he stops at my butt. I kiss him harder and I can feel him smile against my mouth.

With his hands now on my butt in seconds he lifts me up and I'm now under him.

My hands get tangled in his hair as he kisses me with even more urgency. One of his hands slid down my stomach. My breathing gets heavier as his finger traces the hemline of my underwear.

He pulls away staring at me and he pulls his hand back up slowly. My jeans were now being unbuttoned, but I didn't mind.

Not one bit.

Josh lips pull up into a smirk as he tugs down my jeans and now they're off.

His eyes fall to the black underwear I had under and he sighs, putting his head against my chest.

Did he not like it? Or me.

"God you're sexy." He mutters. I don't say anything and I gasp lightly as his hand was back where it was before.

One of his fingers traced my inner thighs and with that my back arched a bit.

He kisses slowly down my stomach and I feel out of breath from just simple touches.

Do I want this?

This seems too intimate. Will he be mad if I say no?

He looks up at me through hooded eyes. Oh my god he looks hot.

"We don't have to, esther." Josh finally says and I sigh in relief.

He crawls back up a bit and he pecks my lips softly. "We're staying like this though." I giggle and he picks me up, so I'm now laying on top of him.

One of his hands rests on my cheek, if you know which ones. The other on my waist.

I could stay in his arms forever. I snuggle against his chest and he combs my hair with his fingers, soothing me.

Comforting me.

Comfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not really big on writing smut, but i wanted to add something steamy for yall. And maybe this isn't steamy in any way, but just something.

Anyways. I'm still sick y'all plus there is some family issues going on right now. I'm just tired, so sorry if the next chapters are depressing or short or boring lol.

Okay bye love you.