Part 5

Mavis has taupe skin that glows copper in the sunlight, complimented by rose gold piercings on her ears that catch the noon rays. Her long black hair, bleached and then dyed blood red at the ends, cascades down her back, and in her hands is a tote bag filled to the brim with outfits. Neither girl talks for a brief minute, Tabitha assessing her model, and Mavis presumably basking in the attention.

"Brought the outfits you wanted." She smirks, tossing the bag at Tabitha's feet before settling at the base of the lone tree, which Tabitha marked with an X in masking tape.

"Great!" Tabitha smiles, before hesitantly sifting through the contents of the bag. She tries to forget that it's Mavis' clothes she's touching because if she thinks about that she feels creepy. But then she feels creepy for even considering the thought in the first place. As it turns out, Tabitha was right - Mavis' style is as edgy as she appears - which for this shoot was perfect. Tabitha picks out a long lacy black piece that reminds her of a demon's wedding dress, a maroon sweater, leather pants, boots and some heels, before turning back to Mavis.

"Ok first order of business, angles." Tabitha thinks aloud as she starts letting her fingers dance as she checks her camera. Upon meeting Mavis' quizzical glance elaborates. "Just gotta take some reference shots so I can learn how different angles make you look." She clarifies, directing Mavis to stand. She's not sure how necessary the whole process is, given she's quite familiar with how Mavis looks - at every angle - but she carries it out regardless.

"So you're always like this then?" Mavis asks, as she gets up, now wearing a cocky grin.

"Like what?" Tabitha responds, as she moves to stand behind her camera.

"All business?" She smirks. Tabitha doesn't gratify that one with a response only rolling her eyes.

"I need you to face your whole body right, then every so often move more towards the left until you're facing that way." A flustered Tabitha mutters instead. "So how's your weekend been so far?"

She does it with everyone she's photographed - they talk and she takes pictures. She's found letting them talk makes them more natural with their movements and features. Otherwise you can see their stress in their stance. To Tabitha's surprise, Mavis does what she asks, but hesitates before speaking.

"It was fine I guess... No parties or anything till tonight so a little boring to be honest."

"Wait so there's normally a party on Saturday and Friday night?" Tabitha chuckles as she takes shots of the other girl's profile. "Where have my invites been?"

Mavis laughs throwing her head back, pearly white teeth on full display. Tabitha makes sure to take a picture before joining her. She's never been much of a party animal - that was Daevi and Olivia. She and Lou normally just went to chaperone, despite being the youngest in the quartet.

"I could bring you along if you want?" Mavis suddenly offers, a smirk tugging at the corners of her lips. Tabitha doesn't quite know what to say to that. Of course, she walked right into it so you would think she'd have had a plan, but she certainly wasn't expecting Mavis to offer and definitely not so quickly.

"Serious?" She smiles, assessing the other girl's reaction carefully through the lens.

"Wouldn't have offered if I wasn't." She grins. "So does that mean you're in?"

"Yeah that sounds great." Tabitha chirps, a smile spreading across her face, and something she thinks might be a blush. She's glad she's hidden by the camera or she would have died then and there of embarrassment.

"It's a date." Mavis smiles, before continuing to shift to the left. Tabitha almost chokes on her air at that, neither girl missing the innuendo and neither wanting to address it further. As Mavis comes to face straight across from the camera, her eyes start drifting down. Tabitha anticipates this and places her head, and now thankfully cool cheeks, above the camera.

"Can you look at me?" She sings before blowing a kiss at the girl before her. It's one of the ways she gets a reaction out of her models and she's done it countless times, but she can't fight the blush that rises to her cheeks as she ducks behind the camera to snap some more photos. Neither of their smiles go away as Tabitha continues taking pictures of Mavis in various outfits and settings around the neighbourhood. The more time goes by, the more comfortable Mavis gets in front of the camera - not that she ever looked uncomfortable - she just moves more naturally. Capturing the girl who looks like every teenager's dream, with an essence that oozes rebellion and a smirk that could have you on your knees in seconds, she's fairly certain she knows what she'll call this collection.