Prologue

"Oi... Oi Liam, you listening?!" Jake Black clapped his hands loudly in front of Liam Potter's face, snapping him out of his trance.

"Eh?" Liam blinked, confused.

Jake gave the taller boy a sarcastic look, his eyebrows raised questioningly. He obviously wanted to know what Liam had been thinking about. I mean, there was nothing really special about the place they were in. Sure, they were finally going to Hogwarts, but all they saw were students rushing here and there and owls. It's quite a common sight in the Wizarding World. What could be so special that Liam was stuck in his imagination?

"Jake, shut up, I'm trying to remember that girl I saw. She was pretty..." Liam smiled dazedly, as he tried to recall the features of the girl he had seen in a passing glance.

A loud snort came from beside Liam from Jake, "PFFT, SERIOUSLY? That's what you're thinking about? Girls? I mean, I can't blame you."

Liam blushed, frowning at Jake. It's not like girls were the only thing on his mind! He still did think about making new friends, which to be honest, was going pretty well. You see, Liam had only met Jake today, but they were getting along perfectly. Their rambunctious attitudes blended perfectly together!

Jake's eyebrows raised as a knock came from the compartment door, and they turned to look at who was standing on the opposite side. A scarred boy stood, a grimace on his face. He looked pretty sorrowful and melancholic, and Liam feared that he would ruin their positive mood. However, Jake stood up and opened the compartment door.

"Hey uh... sorry to bother, but I was hoping to sit with you two?" he asked, glancing away shyly, though he did make an effort not to seem shy, "I'm afraid I'm quite weary at the moment and would rather not walk around finding an empty compartment."

Weary? Jake was perplexed. Why would he be weary? This was pretty much the beginning of the day. However, if the boy said he needed a compartment to stay, he supposed it wouldn't hurt to let him in.

"Yeah sure," Jake stepped aside, "C'mon in. What's your name?"

The boy smiled weakly at him and took the nearest seat.

"Drew Lupin," he shrugged, "Drew John Lupin, if you want my full one."

Jake sat next to Drew and lent out a hand.

"And I'm Jake Orion Black. Don't remind me of 'Orion' though. It's bloody disgusting..." Jake made a face as he said Orion.

"Liam Fleamont Potter," the redhead glared at the two of them, "Don't laugh. It's weird, I know, I know, alright?"

Jake snickered, placing a hand on top of his mouth as he laughed quietly at Liam's name. Fleamont? Sounded funny, but he wouldn't judge. He wasn't one to judge anyway. Drew glanced at Jake's chuckling face and decided to snigger along.

"Oh shut up, fools," Liam rolled his eyes, pouting.

Drew silenced himself, Jake following along afterwards, allowing a silence to pass between the three of them. Liam stared with mock disbelief at the two of them as they continued to stay silent for another 5 minutes.

"When I said shut up I didn't mean like that," he groaned, "Ughhh."

"Whatever Fleamont," Jake waved his hand in fake impatience.

Needless to say, that compartment drew a lot of attention from loud shouting coming from a certain red haired boy. However, with all the attention it brought, perhaps it was good, for another boy decided to enter silently, in hopes of finding friendship.

"He-hello?" the boy who had just entered, short in stature, asked timidly.

"Hey," Jake nodded at him, ignoring the glare Liam was giving him, "Who're you?"

The new boy's shoulders raised slightly and tensed as he smiled nervously.

"Ehe- Henry Pettigrew," he scratched the back of his neck.

"Well then welcome, Henry," Jake smiled, trying to get Henry to be a bit more comfortable around their company.

The three proceeded to introduce themselves to Henry, Drew shaking Henry's hand along with his own introduction.

Henry smiled as soon as they had finished, a soft look in his green eyes, "Thanks for being so welcoming. It's nice to meet you all!"

It was nice indeed. They had no idea that it was a beginning to a lifelong journey. A journey that might as well have been one of the biggest impacts in the history of the Wizarding World. All of that from a friendship between four rascal boys...