𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲 ; 𝟏

☼

The air was moderate during the autumn season, winter was bound to be around the corner. Kou Minamoto, a lively junior high student, was assembled in a circle of desks with his two friends, Yokoo and Satou, during a normal lunch hour in their homeroom class.

"So, you still have a crush on that cute Yashiro girl, right?" Yokoo teased, his expression exhibited the look of amusement.

Kou nearly choked on his food, his cheeks tinted red.

"Would you stop bringing that up?" he scowled, still chewing through his half-eaten salmon. Yokoo snorted aloud, his interest on the subject only seemed to grow steadily.

"Come on! Remember when you wouldn't stop staring at her during the cultural festival last summer? Or like that time when you—"

Kou's friend came to an abrupt cut off when Satou kicked him from under the desk, causing him to yelp out in distress.

"Ouch!"

"He told you to quit, didn't he?" Satou scolded, meeting Yokoo's annoyed gaze. As the two bickered back to back with one another, Kou became engrossed in his own thoughts. His friend's unexpected inquiry on Nene Yashiro had sparked an odd sense of curiosity inside of him.

He wondered about the girl's current whereabouts, the last time they actually interacted was during summer break. Kou understood that classes and exams most likely kept her busy during the fall, but it would've been nice to see her at least once in a while.

The first time that he had actually met Nene was when his class helped volunteer at the gardening club, her friendly and outgoing attitude was what Kou really admired about her.

"Hey, earth to...Kou Minamoto?" Yokoo's voice had cut through his mind, instantly catching the blonde's attention.

"Ah...sorry!" Kou shook his head, bringing his focus back to his friends. He noticed Satou roll his eyes with amusement, snickering at his words.

"As we were saying, you wanna hang out at the arcade with us tomorrow? I got more allowance money from my parents, so we'll have plenty of change to use."

Kou scratched the back of his neck, contemplative of his plans for the weekend. As far as he was concerned, he didn't have anything going on, besides completing his weekly chores, as well as preparing meals for his siblings.

He quickly nodded in response to Satou's invite, throwing a thumbs up as he leaned back in his chair.

"Sounds like a plan!" he declared.