Sunsets and You - Jung Ilhoon

"I love you. I know you're my friend but I can't help it. I love you and I wanna be true to myself. I wanna be true to you," I said firmly as I took a bold step forward. Towards Ilhoon. 

As I got closer to him, I could only see his lips. That's right Melody. Kiss them lips once and for all!!! 

"Melody......." A faint voice called from somewhere. 

"Melody, the sun's about to set now. You're gonna miss it." 

Let me atleast kiss Ilhoon first!!! 

"Wake up Melody..." said the voice as I felt a light shook on my shoulder. I fluttered my eyes open, head still dizzy from my deep sleep. 

Wait. A dream? Who's this guy who woke me up and why----- 

 "Ilhoon?!! What are you doing here?!" 

He chuckled, amused by my sudden outburst. 

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I came here with you, silly." He said messing up my hair. I love it when he does that. It's such a minute thing to do yet so intimate. As if I'm special. 

I looked around me. We're at the beach, the sun's gentle rays hitting my skin. It's about to set. I moved and noticed I'm resting above a bunch of sheets and pillows set at the back of a pick-up truck. Right beside where my right foot rests is a bunch of finger food, and a laptop which had Love, Rosie on pause. I scanned the place more and found Ilhoon next to me, smiling both with his lips and eyes. 

That's when it hit me. My dream... What I said to him..... What I did after..... The kiss..... It wasn't.... oh God it wasn't... Real? 

"Nope, just a dream," he said as if confirming my hunch. 

So I didn't confess yet? My love's still hidden? 

"You can't really say it's hidden still. I know now," 

Wait how is he replying, can he hear my---- 

"Nope, I can't."

Then how could you----- 

His laugh cut me off. Oh God how I love his laugh. "You have been thinking out loud, Melody." 

"Wait, I'm not drunk, am I?!" 

"Stop panicking baby," he pulled me in and caged me in his arms. "We're here because I took you out on a date. Today's our first day as a couple so I wanna do something special for you," he said caressing my shoulders as if trying to calm me down. 

Right. I remember now. He took me here because he knew I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but had no one to go here with. I told him before how much I wanted to see the sun go down as frequent as I can with the man that I love. And now.... He's here with me. 

"Seems like I have to get used to you going crazy just after you wake up," he said, resting is head just above mine. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes and watched the sun go down. His fingers found mine and intertwined it with his. 

"I just can't believe this is happening," I said, looking at our intertwined hands, inhaling his scent. He reeks of masculinity yet it's not overpowering. Like the dewy mountains in the early mornings. Like Ilhoon. 

My Ilhoon.

 "I like that," he whispered as he shifts his body towards me, eyes searching for mine. 

"Have I been speaking my mind again?" I guessed, stating the obvious. 

"All the more reason I should keep you," he said as he leaned in for a quick peck on my lips. 

"My Melody."

---------------------------------------------

little gift for Melody who misses Ilhoon so much right now.

Continue praying for him. We'll get through this. ^^

Also, is the double spacing not an eyesore? Pls let me know so I can fix it next time. Thank you~