6. Toward the Vad Clan

[2nd Prince's Palace]

Azazel's grip on the paper tightened as he read the details from Verena, while Verena, who sat across from him, maintained a calm smile.

"...... Are you saying this is the 'entire' plan until the rebellion...?"

Azazel raised his head, his gaze meeting Verena's calm aquamarine eyes.

"Yes, I have already calculated everything. Things that might or might not happen were also put into consideration."

Azazel chuckled, and soon he stifled a laugh, a satisfying laugh.

"That's what I expected! Lady Verena Zielle... You took advantage of my previous plans, merged them together with your own, and came up with this idea! Isn't that right?!"

His enthusiasm was on point as Verena had expected, since Azazel is that kind of person.

She knows well that he wouldn't stay put after reading her whole plan.

(.... This plan... is too perfect that I can't even put it into words.)

He narrowed his eyes at her as he placed the papers on the table.

(She's truly a dangerous individual. But at a time like this, she chose to join hands with me.)

(I also can understand why she chose me. Because she despises the Imperial Family... No, this Empire. Just like I do.)

A smile rose to his lips the more he thought about her deeply. Her gestures, her actions, and none of her words turned pointless or wasted.

(This plan is crazy, but that's what I have signed up for.)

"If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, Your Highness, we can carry out the plan without issue. Do you have the courage, to even kill innocent people?"

Azazel realizes that his response to her question will determine the future. Because, as she put it, sometimes it will take a demon to kill another demon.

Azazel, who had been sent into many wars and had killed a lot of people, found her question to be unbearably difficult to answer.

(Killing the innocent... Huh?)

He crossed his arms as he considered her question, trying to find the right answer as quickly as possible so as not to disappoint her.

"...... I can do that."

Turns out, the question didn't seem so difficult to answer, unlike before. Since, he remembered his true goal and why he was in that position.

"Killing innocent people for my own ends... If that's what it takes, Lady Verena, I'm willing to get my hands dirty."

The room fell silent as Verena kept a close eye on him.

(Of course, he will agree to the terms. He doesn't care what the sacrifice will be as long as he can take the throne... overthrowing the Emperor.)

She thought, and a small smile formed on her lips.

(Sometimes, this is the only way to play it.)

"Then, we'll carry out this plan after Princess Charlotte's birthday celebration."

"Oh? After the proposal?"

"Yes."

Azazel agreed with a nod of his head.

"Also, let's visit the twins the day after tomorrow. Are you free at that time?"

"Oh my... You're already making your own moves, aren't you?"